Windows 10: Are my CPU cores broken?

Discus and support Are my CPU cores broken? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I'm actually here for the 3rd time with the same PC. I was getting BSOD's very often I was told to buy new PSU. Which I did and my PC worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b1nar3, Aug 4, 2020.

1. b1nar3 Win User

Are my CPU cores broken?

Hi,

So I'm actually here for the 3rd time with the same PC.

I was getting BSOD's very often I was told to buy new PSU. Which I did and my PC worked without problems for a week.

One by one I replaced almost every component GPU,RAM,MOBO,PSU and tried to use different SSD and HDD but the problem still continues.

The only component I havent replaced is CPU. So I disabled 2 cores, locked PCI and it somehow works now. I'm not entirely sure what the PCI lock does but I read it had something to do with IRQ and my BSOD's were problems with too high IRQL so I thought i would lock it just in case.

I was testing it on simple FPS benchmark map in game csgo What i learned is that my PC works only with 2 cores. I'm getting BSOD's with 3 and with 4.

As for my question. Does this mean those 2 cores are broken? My CPU is not new but I'm pretty sure i never overclocked it so I thought it would last longer.

Link to my minidumps on OneDrive

w/3cores and w/4cores: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avu_K7lW8wWwmxoDvFbNgDtWRhVy?e=9so0Xp

Thank you for help.

:)

b1nar3, Aug 4, 2020

2. Is it possible for my Windows 10 to recognize GPU as CPU cores?

I am trying to run many processes on different cores. The application I am running uses on CPU and no GPU.

Is it possible to convert the graphics card to act like virtual CPU cores?

I just need the CPU cores. I have TITAN Xp which is almost 3000 to 4000 core.

Kindly, suggest me how my system can detect the GPU as CPU.

Jaffer Wilson, Aug 4, 2020
  3. problem cores cpu

hello

my cpu is 4 core but task manager show the 2 core:

http://dl4.tajdownload.ir//Untitled.png

why fixed?

my os is windows 10 64bit enterprise - version 1709 - build 16299.125

cpu: a8-7600

mohammada1, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Paulieg Win User

Are my CPU cores broken?

My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Are my CPU cores broken?

1. Are my CPU cores broken? - Similar Threads - Are CPU cores

2. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  3. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu core problem: I have a ryzen5 12 core processor and was told to go into boot and enable all 12 I restarted and now my pc is really really slow and I tried to change it back but now it says I only have 1 core and I don't know what to do...
  4. Cpu core problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  6. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU cores missing: Hi my name is Daniel and i seem to have a problem with my laptop.You see, i have a laptop with a Quad Core CPU. But when i checked the numbers of processors i have on the system configuration it only showed a maximum of 2.if anyone has a reason of how and why this is...
  7. CPU cores missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. CPU Core Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CPU Core Updating: Does Anyone Know how to update CPU Cores? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-core-updating/633dbf59-c831-460a-845e-e0114c4e448f
  9. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...
  10. CPU Logical cores

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Logical cores: Hi. I'm using Windows 10 Home with an Intel Core i3-7100U @ 2.4Ghz, but when I first checked at Task Manager, the number of Logical Processors were 4. But somehow I changed the number to 2, and I want to change it back to 4 but I can't remember where I changed it in. Can...