Windows 10: Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers

Discus and support Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just curious about something. I noticed in device manager that my hard drives are all using Microsoft drivers. I do have the latest firmware installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lery, May 6, 2019.

1. Lery Win User

Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers

Just curious about something. I noticed in device manager that my hard drives are all using Microsoft drivers. I do have the latest firmware installed for them. The manufacturer's website does not have any drivers listed for the drives. Maybe this is just how it is, but I was curious, so I thought I would ask.

Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series

Seagate ST1000DX001-1CM162

:)

Lery, May 6, 2019
  2. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 6, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 6, 2019
  4. Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers

little cat, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers

1. Are my hard drives supposed to use Microsoft drivers - Similar Threads - Are hard drives

2. Hard drive driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive driver deleted: I installed some new drivers in my Windows 7. After restart ,It showed a boot device not found.I tried doing a clean installation of windows but It showed no hard drive is found . Most probably somehow hard drive driver was deleted ....
  3. Hard drive driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive driver deleted: I installed some new drivers in my Windows 7. After restart ,It showed a boot device not found.I tried doing a clean installation of windows but It showed no hard drive is found . Most probably somehow hard drive driver was deleted ....
  4. use hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use hard drive: Can I have a tip about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-hard-drive/4f08d628-fcab-48df-bb26-6d95ba6925b2
  5. use hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use hard drive: Can I have a tip about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-hard-drive/4f08d628-fcab-48df-bb26-6d95ba6925b2
  6. Cannot use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use my external hard drive: First of all. Sorry for bad grammar and punctuation. I'm still learning English! I'm trying to use my external hard drive but nothing will open because I'm pretty sure I messed up the security permissions. I remember being in the security permissions and wondering what would...
  7. will microsoft let me use external hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsoft let me use external hard drive: will microsoft let me buy external hard drive outside their store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-microsoft-let-me-use-external-hard-drive/a6799d4b-a309-41e8-be23-a0eeb077aa65
  8. Is OneDrive supposed to remove all my local files on my computer hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is OneDrive supposed to remove all my local files on my computer hard drive?: I thought I'd take advantage of OneDrive to back up my computer. But it looks like it took them all off the hard drive. I didn't want it to do that! Is that what it's supposed to do? Is there a way to just use OneDrive as a backup but keep files on my HD?...
  9. External Hard drive drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard drive drivers: Since the windows 10 update my external hard drive no longer works...it says I need the driver...how do I get a driver for it so I can see my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-drivers/1936ebce-1725-4ab5-b9a0-d1af860aa8b0
  10. marvell driver for hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    marvell driver for hard drive: Does anyone know where I might be able to find a updated version of the marvell driver that came on my asus mb for my sata III connected hd? it supposed to be a 6gb/sec drive as its a sata III but It doesnt seem to load windows all that quick. 17219