Windows 10: Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

Discus and support Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by David Scott7, May 24, 2023.

1. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual, since Win10 was to be the last version released, and only updates would be issued for eternity. Now that it is time for new computers can we use these "perpetual" Win10Pro licenses to clean install Win11Pro on our new computers? Or are our seats not perpetual? I understand each seat is only good for one computer at a time.Can you tell me exactly what I have with our "perpetual" Win10Pro licenses? How long are they good for? I have found no inform

:)

David Scott7, May 24, 2023

2. Perpetual Licenses

Hi,

would like to ask what are the different type of licenses that are perpetual? is oei a perpetual license?

pierre888_888, May 24, 2023
  3. Perpetual Licenses

By perpetual you mean do not expire?

Retail and OEM, or OEI do not expire.

Volume Licenses do not expire as such, but need to be re-activated on a regular basis.

But there are limitations about transferring licenses.

If you don't tell us why you are asking these questions, there is no use giving information that is not needed

You don't buy a Windows license that expires after 1, 2 or 15 months.

They are not sold.

How OEI licence differ from OEM licence

Bill Smithers, May 24, 2023
  4. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get
    this activated?

DavidWegner1, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

1. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers? - Similar Threads - Are perpetual Win10Pro

2. I want windows 10 enterprise perpetual license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want windows 10 enterprise perpetual license: I want windows 10 enterprise perpetual license , i have original windows 10 pro . thinking to upgrade the edition . but unable to found in Microsoft site . please help...
  3. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?: The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual, since Win10 was to be the last version released, and only updates would be issued for eternity. Now that it is time for new...
  4. Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are my perpetual Win10Pro licenses still good for new computers?: The last time I built computers for my wife and I we bought full licenses direct from our Microsoft account since they were supposed to be perpetual, since Win10 was to be the last version released, and only updates would be issued for eternity. Now that it is time for new...
  5. Difference between Windows perpetual license plans

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between Windows perpetual license plans: What are the differences between the following products? Which among the following is the best perpetual license for an academic institution in India?1. HAV-00060-Win Pro FPP 10 P2 32-bit/64- bit Eng Intl USB Box Pack FPP2. Windows GGWA - Windows 10 Professional -...
  6. Difference between Windows perpetual license plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between Windows perpetual license plans: What are the differences between the following products? Which among the following is the best perpetual license for an academic institution in India?1. HAV-00060-Win Pro FPP 10 P2 32-bit/64- bit Eng Intl USB Box Pack FPP2. Windows GGWA - Windows 10 Professional -...
  7. Difference between Windows perpetual license plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Office Perpetual License Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Office Perpetual License Question: It is my understanding that a perpetual license can be tied to the specific device it's activated on, rather than a Microsoft account. Does this mean that, if I were to sell/give away/whatever my laptop, the receiving party would get a free copy of office professional plus...
  9. How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?

How to activate win10pro on new computer using win7pro license?: My computer died. I got a new motherboard and cpu, downloaded and installed win10pro. When I tried to activate using my win7pro upgrade product key, it didn't activate. Tried logging into my Microsoft account, that didn't work either. How can I get this activated?...
  10. ms project 2016 perpetual license

ms project 2016 perpetual license: i want to install my Microsoft project 2016 app onto a second PC using only 1 at a time. Order number 3004990657. when I try to do this I get an error it is already installed. I thought this was a perpetual license so I could use it as long as only 1 in active use at a time?...