Windows 10: are my user accounts messed up?

Discus and support are my user accounts messed up? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SteveBill, Jul 22, 2020.

1. SteveBill Win User

are my user accounts messed up?

I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes...
    I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop.

I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account.
    I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder.
    Going online to post the picture, it was NOT there!
    After a lot of poking around, I found that it was buried under "admin/documents"

Now here's where it gets interesting:
    in edge, just opening the "documents" folder doesn't show this file. I have to navigate to users/admin/documents to find the file. I also notice that the two documents folders have entirely different files in them.

I also don't have a defined user "admin" on my machine, and it doesn't show up as an option to log into.
    By the same token, edge does NOT show my "steve" account as a user. (no folder with that name)

What's going on here? is this normal Microsoft weirdness? or should I start panicking?

A couple more tidbits of info: I only have two user accounts on my machine - my "steve" account, which has admin privileges and my "User" account which is a local account with no password.
    Also - in the past, I had added and deleted a couple user accounts, but that seemed to go just fine.

:)

SteveBill, Jul 22, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I can't rename my user account

Hello Owen,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are you using a Microsoft account or local account?
    If you are using local account, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the user name.

Please follow the steps to rename the user account in Windows 10.

a. In the search box, type user accounts and click on User Accounts.

b. Click on “Change your account name”

c. If it’s prompting for password please enter and click on Yes. If you do not have password click on Yes.

d. Enter the new user name.

e. Click on change name.

If you face any more issues while working with Windows do post on Microsoft Community Forum.

Arul_D, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Raner Win User

My admin account switched to a user account!

My account may have gotten corrupt in the update, Don't know for sure.
    I do know this, This mess is way above my paygrade...LOL...
    I really need some help to try to fix this issue.
    The attachments can explain far better than me trying type what exactly is going on.
    All I can say it's looks pretty darn complicated to me.
    I hoping it looks worse than it is.

are my user accounts messed up? [​IMG]

I think the simplest way to address this is to make my account an administrator again.
    If it can be done, I'm going to need a step by step on how to do it.
    Let me know what you all think...Thanks...

Raner, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. are my user accounts messed up? - Similar Threads - are user accounts

2. I messed up my Users folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my Users folder.: The normal users folders or admin folders which consist of Pictures, Documents, Videos, Music, Etc. I change their location and messed up i dont know to reset it and bring it back to normal. Is there any solutions? Please help...
  3. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  4. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really messed up user accounts: My laptop is running Windows 10 Home. I was trying to create an additional user account and somehow messed up my main account. It appears that instead of creating a new account I told it to log into my windows account with a local account instead of my Microsoft account. What...
  5. Really messed up user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. messed up user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    messed up user accounts: ok, got a win 10 pc for a friends mum from ebay. It came with the only account called User. I added another local account I then seen a video on YT to right click the start button, computer management, local user & groups and rename Administrator account to what i needed,...
  7. User Account Messed up after Upgrade

User Account Messed up after Upgrade: I was working on a friend's PC yesterday and could not get a windows update to install.This update was a upgrade from v1909 Build 18363.628 to the latest v19041.450.I used the Microsoft Windows 10 Update Assistant to do this upgrade finally after the windows updates failed to...
  8. are my user accounts messed up?

are my user accounts messed up?: I'm not sure if I'm worrying for nothing, but here goes... I'm running Win10 ver 1909 (build 18363-959) on a Toshiba Satellite laptop. I was logged into my "steve" account - which is an admin account. I saved a picture from Ifranview64 to the Documents folder. Going online...
  9. User account mess up

in Windows 10 Support
    User account mess up: Interesting problem yesterday. I was logged in on a local account without password. I went to the accounts settings to select the option to switch to an MS account. No such option. But there was an option to select a local account! Whaaat?? I restarted comp and it hung....
  10. A little mess-up with user accounts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little mess-up with user accounts: Well, things were great for a while but the honeymoon is over and my user accounts are now quite messed up. It took one click to get me into this mess, perhaps one click to get me out?? ; I really would like to avoid a clean install so soon! Up to an hour ago things were...