Windows 10: Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

Discus and support Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently had a 3TB hard drive fail on me, and I am trying to come up with a much better solution for storing my data so that I don't have to recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crosscrunchy10, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

I recently had a 3TB hard drive fail on me, and I am trying to come up with a much better solution for storing my data so that I don't have to recover everything from CrashPlan again. My plan is to have two 3TB Hard drives connected in RAID 0 (Simple Space) so that I have 6TB of usable space, and then I would like to mirror that data over to an external 6TB drive. I want this all to appear as one drive within windows. Is this possible using Storage Spaces? Thank you so much!

:)

crosscrunchy10, Dec 19, 2015
  2. strmth Win User

Windows 10 storage spaces

Thanks Rob. I'm checking the technet site now.

I'm a video producer/editor and I've used RAID configurations on MACs for years. I'm setting up a new PC to edit with Premiere Pro and want to set up a RAID 0 for media storage. I thought Windows Storage Pool would create a RAID 0 on this machine, but I'm
    not getting the speeds I expect from 4 raided drives.

I'll post back if I find a solution.

S

strmth, Dec 19, 2015
  3. strmth Win User
    Windows 10 storage spaces

I am trying to set up a RAID 0 on a new machine. I have 4 identical 5 TB HDDs. When I benchmark the drives individually, I'm getting speeds of around 170 MB/sec on each drive. When I assemble a storage pool with all four drives, simple pool, no parity,
    I am getting speeds of around 212 MB/sec. This seems way too slow. I would expect speeds in the range of 600 MB/sec. When I assemble these drives into a pool with parity, I am getting read speeds of around 415 MB/sec and much slower write speeds. I am not
    surprised by the slower write speeds and the read speeds seem about right. It seems that a simple pool with no parity is not really RAID 0, but just a bunch of disks. How can I stripe these 4 drives to achieve RAID 0?

strmth, Dec 19, 2015
Thema:

Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1)

1. Are nested storage spaces possible? (Like RAID 0+1) - Similar Threads - Are nested storage

2. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  3. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage spaces raid 0: have 5 disks with 18TB so made a storage space of 81TB but only allowed to use 63 TB as NTFS. 64TB fails. whats wrong ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-raid-0/84616e8c-ac97-462e-8692-df76beb92272
  4. Storage spaces raid 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Space on RAID not available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Space on RAID not available: Windows 10 pro, just installed. Version 20H2. (Updates not yet started.) Two RAID 1 arrays created in BIOS MB: X570 AORUS Ultra, BIOS date Dec. 2019 I just installed Win10 Pro on the first RAID 1 (two M.2 drives). Windows cannot see the larger RAID 1 (SATA) I'd planned to use...
  6. Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces

Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces: Hi folks Just a question to our resident Windows Gurus. For file serving to several clients and for things like MySQL / MariaDB for fast DB sql type queries does a decent Hardware RAID 0 card yield faster throughput than say using Storage spaces. Note I'm aware of the risk...
  7. Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast I/O RAID 0 (hardware) or Storage spaces: Hi folks Just a question to our resident Windows Gurus. For file serving to several clients and for things like MySQL / MariaDB for fast DB sql type queries does a decent Hardware RAID 0 card yield faster throughput than say using Storage spaces. Note I'm aware of the risk...
  8. RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...

RAID 0 is myth / RAID 0 is not possible / RAID 0 is a lie / RAID 0 is not possible on...: Hello, I am interested to know if RAID 0 exists or not? I have an external HDD drive which states RAID 0 is possible. However, I am not sure if RAID 0 is possible or not. There are no softwares which promotes RAID 0 creation. I have tried everything and I do not believe in...
  9. Storage Spaces - created a Raid 0 with Powershell but the Manage Storage Spaces UI doesn't...

Storage Spaces - created a Raid 0 with Powershell but the Manage Storage Spaces UI doesn't...: To upgrade my old blu-ray storage disks, I created a new 3 disk, 3 column Simple pool using the process described here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-spaces-trying-to-create-a-raid-0-with/c440086c-4bb6-410d-9e92-fd98ce6626cc It seems to have...
  10. Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell

Storage Spaces - trying to create a Raid 0 with Powershell: My problem is pretty simple, I set up a 2 X 960 Evo SSD simple volume with Storage Spaces and performance was no better than using the drives singly. Some research seems to say that using the Storage Spaces gui in Win 10 only sets the columns to 1 when what I need is 2....