Windows 10: Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g....

Discus and support Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g.... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last month my pc got affected by a ransomware attack and all of my files in different drives were encrypted. However, files in C windows drive were not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M A Hossain Pintu, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g....

Last month my pc got affected by a ransomware attack and all of my files in different drives were encrypted. However, files in C windows drive were not encrypted i.e. they remained as before. I posted here and knew about this problem through various replies. Now, I wish to make backup of my files/docs/photos into Onedrive and Google drive cloud storage. So, my question is are these services safe against such cyber attacks and how my C drive was protected but others not ?

:)

M A Hossain Pintu, Jun 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Google To Launch GoogleDrive Cloud-Storage Service Soon

Google is going to monetize its ocean of data storage and bandwidth by starting a new service that will rival the likes of DropBox. Called Google Drive, the service could allow people to make use of their G-Mail storage quota (like G-Mail Drive once did) for free, and probably offer additional storage at a cost. According to Wall Street Journal, the service is expected to be launched "soon" (in the next few weeks or months). To compete with other similar service providers, Google could come up with attractive prices. Unlike services such as MegaUpload, Google Drive would be strictly personal storage. The Drive service will be inter-twined with Google Docs, and facilitate better remote collaboration between co-workers.

Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g.... 66a_thm.jpg

Sources: The Verge, Wall Street Journal

btarunr, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Google To Launch GoogleDrive Cloud-Storage Service Soon

Cannot wait! Google is becoming Apple......but free.

TheMailMan78, Jun 16, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g....

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g....

1. Are OneDrive, Google Drive cloud storage services safe against cyber attacks e.g.... - Similar Threads - Are OneDrive Google

2. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  3. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    joint onedrive or cloud storage: My wife and I have seperate computers and seperate Microsoft accounts.However, there are a number of documents that we would each like to have access to without having to get the other party to bring it up on their computer or print it out.Can we establish a joint folder in...
  4. joint onedrive or cloud storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive

Clarification on Cloud drive: Onedrive and Google Drive: I want to ask for clarification on using and syncing files in both Google drive and One drive on the same computer.I use 2 Emails for saving and syncing files 1. Wk.........*** Email address is removed for privacy *** Email is hidden for personal privacy: I use this email for...
  6. cyber attacks

cyber attacks: i ran in to a problem while doing an up date to win10. the install crashed duing update and the DSN number no longer would connect to microsoft this was a big issue. affter doing some nerd stuff i corrected the DSN and caught 4 realy nasty back door trojans used for control...
  7. CYBER ATTACK

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CYBER ATTACK: Hi. We are a Windows 7 user. Today I was attacked by a cyber attack and my computer was hacked. And all my files have the LEZP extension. Please help me to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cyber-attack/40a0a6e2-6ec2-4e0e-9acd-10a73a352757
  8. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  9. Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Google - Better protection against Man in the Middle phishing attacks: We’re constantly working to improve our phishing protections to keep your information secure. Last year, we announced that we would require JavaScript to be enabled in your browser when you sign in so that we can run a risk assessment whenever credentials are entered on a...
  10. Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites

in Windows 10 News
    Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites: Cyber attack Knocks Out Access to Websites So-called denial-of-service attacks can knock sites offline by flooding them with junk data, blocking the way for legitimate users Several websites including Twitter and Tumblr were unreachable during an extended period for many...