Windows 10: Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

Discus and support Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sophie's mama, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

My new system is running Windows Defender. I see that a McAfee subscription is also included with my purchase. I have always preferred Norton, and I have used it for years, but a knowledgeable IT friend says Defender is enough. Is it generally enough to guard against malware, trojans and viruses, or should I also install an additional antivirus program? I realize there are sometimes conflicts with running more than one.

:)

sophie's mama, Aug 10, 2018
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

windows defender blocking updates and changes to programs

Hi,

You can add the file in the file exclusion list to stop Windows Defender Antivirus
    from alerting you or blocking the program. We suggest that you visit this
    link on how to add an exclusion to Windows Defender Antivirus.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender?

1. Are other Antivirus Programs needed with Window Defender? - Similar Threads - Are Antivirus Programs

2. Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?: I recently went to turn on real-time protection in Windows Defender and received an error saying that because I already use another AV in this case Malwarebytes, highly recommended, it remains disabled. Is there a workaround for this?...
  3. Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows Defender work with other Antiviruses?: I recently went to turn on real-time protection in Windows Defender and received an error saying that because I already use another AV in this case Malwarebytes, highly recommended, it remains disabled. Is there a workaround for this?...
  4. Microsoft Defender vs other antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender vs other antivirus: i love Microsoft Defender because it's best! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-vs-other-antivirus/5a5853ae-f32f-4728-981f-1b5b34b3056c
  5. Microsoft Defender vs other antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender vs other antivirus: i love Microsoft Defender because it's best! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-vs-other-antivirus/5a5853ae-f32f-4728-981f-1b5b34b3056c
  6. Antivirus Program And Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus Program And Windows Defender: My genshin impact game files from external disk already allowed in Windows defender. If install antivirus program and Windows defender disabled automatically, is antivirus remove allowed genshin game files from external disk after i install antivirus program?...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus vs others.

Windows Defender Antivirus vs others.: To, Microsoft Community Hi, this is Gavin. Using Microsoft Windows 10 OS Version 2004 OS Build 19041.546. I want help regarding Secuity / Antivirus of My Laptop. I would like to know how is "Microsoft Defender" Antivirus good for Laptop. How is "Microsoft Defender"...
  8. Use other than Defender for antivirus

Use other than Defender for antivirus: I am just curious how many people disable Defender and install another antivirus!! 134425
  9. Windows Defender vs other antivirus protection

Windows Defender vs other antivirus protection: My computer came with a McAfee antivirus trial subscription. Windows Defender will not run antivirus with another antivirus program running, My trial subscription has run out and I don't want to renew, but when I go to settings and check the antivirus status of Defender, it...
  10. windows defender or other antivirus?

windows defender or other antivirus?: i just installed windows 10. i know there is the default windows defender, but i'm thinking of downloading another antivirus. which one should i download (preferably free)? or should i stick to the built-in one? 67092

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if mcafee antivirus is running should Windows Defender run too

2. is windows defender antivirus enough

3. bitdefender or windows defender

4. does windows defender antivirus work,
  5. best script running antivirus for window,
  6. is an anti-virus program needed with windows defender,
  7. can you run other antivirus programs with windows defender,
  8. windows defender antivirus no other needed?