Windows 10: Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

Discus and support Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by I3R4R4T4TR4R4, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be infringing on the rights of the creator of the 3D item and I don't want to get disqualified. I have changed the color and appearance of the model, but not the actual 3D shape of it. Would I be allowed to use the 3D model without copyright?

:)

I3R4R4T4TR4R4, Oct 5, 2021

2. Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Hello,

I am developing an application for my Bachelor's Thesis and I would like to include 3D models using templates from the Paint 3D library. The Thesis (including the app) will not be published and will only be given to the people responsible for grading it.

I have read the "Use of Copyrighted Content" section and the EULA, but the information was quite unspecific.

Am I allowed to use the 3D-models from the library or am I violating the copyright rules? Would it be sufficient to quote Microsoft as the source of the models?

Anonym_257, Oct 5, 2021
  3. Copyright of 3D models

I was wondering if there was a copyright of the 3D models found on Paint 3D?

I am asking because I work for an organization that publishes examinations for schoolboards across the province of Quebec to use in their schools and centers. Some models would be great for helping students understand the context of a question.

Thank you

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

Hatin-Léveillée Meggy, Oct 5, 2021
  4. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Hi Anonym_257

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. Using models generated out of 3D doesn't violate copyrights as the lawful owner of your Windows 10. You should quote Microsoft as the source of models. That would be sufficient.

Vijay_Verma, Oct 5, 2021
Thema:

Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

1. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted? - Similar Threads - Are Paint Models

2. Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Paint 3D Models Copyrighted?: I am a student and I have designed a pattern. I want to put the pattern on a 3D library item in Paint 3D a sweater to show how my pattern can be used and submit my pattern for an award They do care about copyright in the award. However, I'm not sure if this would be...
  3. Microsoft Paint 3D sticker copyright

Microsoft Paint 3D sticker copyright: Hi thereI'm developing a mobile application for my company and have been using Paint 3D to create layouts for certain functionalities. One functionality is that of an icon, and I have used the standard stickers i.e. sunglasses, rainbow, etc. for these. I tried to look for...
  4. paint 3d 3d models copyright

paint 3d 3d models copyright: I am a 3D model maker.Can I use 3D models without copyright?please reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paint-3d-3d-models-copyright/a3325f48-05a8-4139-a4e5-1ebcdd65f4e7
  5. Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights

Paint 3D's 3D Model's Copywrights: I am creating my company's logo via Paint 3D. I am using a lot of the 3D models in the Paint 3D library. I have resized them and added a lighting effect called "Minecraft day." Resizing them and changing the lighting is the only manipulation I have done to these models. These...
  6. Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model

Paint 3D Cannot Place a Model: I've been using Paint 3D in a classroom...Some of our computers will not allow the 3D Library to place Models into Paint 3D. Other computers do allow it. What is the fix for this? Tried all the updates from the Store....
  7. Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models

Copyright on Paint 3D 3D Library Models: Hello, I am developing an application for my Bachelor's Thesis and I would like to include 3D models using templates from the Paint 3D library. The Thesis (including the app) will not be published and will only be given to the people responsible for grading it. I have read...
  8. Paint 3d Imported Model is grey

Paint 3d Imported Model is grey: Hi! I downloaded a model from the internet as a zip file (The model is obj file). When I go to Paint 3D app and import this model, thee model is shown without colors and textures - Just grey. How do I solve this? Thank you,...
  9. Copyright regarding 3D models

Copyright regarding 3D models: Hi, I am currently using Paint 3D to create a logo for my new business. I went on the Remix3D model library and found a 3D model that I really want to incorporate into my logo. Can I do this? Am I allowed to use the 3D models in the library for commercial reasons (without...
  10. Importing models into Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Importing models into Paint 3D: Hello, I can import fbx and obj files into Paint 3D but the mapping is not maintained. I tried stickers and it looks like the uvw defaults to spherical. Is there any way to adjust the mapping in paint 3D? Thanks...