Windows 10: Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

Discus and support Are people still waiting on the 2004 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows Update still tells me: The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fgmafun, Sep 23, 2020.

1. fgmafun Win User

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

My Windows Update still tells me:

The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. Once it’s ready for your device, you’ll see the update available on this page.

As we're in the end of September I was wondering whether I was the only one still waiting for this update.

:)

fgmafun, Sep 23, 2020
  2. William40 Win User

Wait 2004 update or install it manually

Hi

I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the update manually ?

Thanks

William40, Sep 23, 2020
  3. John DeV Win User
    Still waiting for the 2004 update

Hello Dan2012UR,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with Windows 2004 update not yet available on your device.

Microsoft is taking its usual gradual process to rolling out the upgrade, offering the upgrade in stages beginning with those whose devices Microsoft believes are the most likely to successfully install the update.

If you don't receive the update yet, Microsoft possibly detect compatibility issues on your device, These holds are due to conflicts that could cause applications not to run correctly. In the past few days/weeks, More people still experiencing problems after
    upgrading to 2004. Kindly give the update a month or two to mature. This will let the Feature update fix it's own problems through patches along the way and be more stable.

There's no need to worry, your PC is currently not ready for the upgrade and you just need to wait. Once Microsoft resolved this known bugs and compatibility issues, More devices will receive the upgrade and hopefully your pc will be included to update to version
    2004 without problems.

You can refer to this link for reference. You can monitor the known and resolved issues for version 2004.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/releas...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

OldNavyGuy, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Are people still waiting on the 2004 update?

1. Are people still waiting on the 2004 update? - Similar Threads - Are still waiting

2. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  3. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still waiting for Windows 11 update: Hello there, when downloading the pc health check app it said I was compatible for a free upgrade of Windows 11, but I have waited for at least 1 month and the upgrade is still not there, I was told not to download windows 11 assistant as it is not recommended and to just...
  4. Still waiting for Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Still waiting ??

Still waiting ??: Hello --- I have a laptop that is just a few years old and as of this post, it is still waiting for win 10 / build 2004 --- my other computers that are much older, already have the 20H2 build applied --- what could be holding this up? what could be the down-side of...
  6. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  7. Wait 2004 update or install it manually

in Windows 10 Support
    Wait 2004 update or install it manually: Hi I got in the windows update the 2004 version but I choose to wait a week now the avilable update is gone and the message retuend that my PC not ready. I downloaded the manual update and it say my PC is comptabile to update to version 2004 so should I wait or install the...
  8. Still waiting for the 2004 update

Still waiting for the 2004 update: Does anyone have a clear timeline for when the Windows 10 2004 update will be available for all platforms. I run a daily update check. The message concerning the 2004 update which shows on the update page has changed a bit since early May. The current one reads "The...
  9. Still waiting for the Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still waiting for the Anniversary update: Hi, After multiple unsuccessful attempts to install the Anniversary update (including from an ISO file), Windows Update has now stopped proposing this update. It continues to regularly update version 1511 (e.g. I got a Flash Player update yesterday) but nothing related to...
  10. Still waiting for the update

Still waiting for the update: Here's the thing. I've registred my computer for a Windows 10 upgrade only last week. I'm still not having any notification about when I'll receive that upgrade. How long do I still have to wait ? Thanks... 17371