Windows 10: Are Powershell same as CMD?

Discus and support Are Powershell same as CMD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by love754, Aug 13, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

Are Powershell same as CMD?

seems to do the saAME

:)

love754, Aug 13, 2022

2. CMD and PowerShell

Hi Andre,

I did all items you listed.

After reboot, running CMD and powershell (admin) had the same result ("no app associated"). So I turned the feature off in taskbar settings.

Regards,

Danker

dschaareman, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Derek12 Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

For what I use cmd (ipconfig, ping, diskpart...) PowerShell works just fine

Derek12, Aug 13, 2022
  4. RejZoR Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Ok, can someone tell me the point of PowerShell replacing old CMD in right click Start menu? I wouldn't mind it if god damn syntaxes weren't totally different than in CMD.

Tried to flash my GTX 980 the other day, open the thing as admin, like before and blue window shows up. So I said, ok, they changed the color. Tried to execute the utility and it refused. Then I looked well and I see it's not CMD but PoweShell. And now I have no clue how to use the damn thing. Luckily I could dig up old CMD from Search, but it's dumb, because CMD is now digged somewhere and PowerShell is where CMD used to be.

How do you frigging use this damn thing?

RejZoR, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Are Powershell same as CMD? - Similar Threads - Are Powershell same

2. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  3. CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    CMD and PowerShell Closing after a couple of seconds, CMD and Powershell closing.: My Laptop is fine i didnt download any viruses, Didnt mess with system files nor modify it. After a normal restart, A message that pops up for half a second saying "This app wont work on this computer" Or something like that The messages appears and disappears too fast its...
  4. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  5. Are Powershell same as CMD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are Powershell same as CMD?: seems to do the saAME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-powershell-same-as-cmd/0afdbbb0-6edb-4ef2-9b64-07b63e698c55
  6. CMD and Powershell RUSH

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CMD and Powershell RUSH: Hi mods,My Windows 10 is running cmd and power shell automatically even though I didn't open them. Some errors are popping up and browsers are closing automatically. I captured the picture with my phone because it also freezes my pc mouse. Please help....
  7. Powershell and cmd no network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell and cmd no network: I got my windows from school try to install choco package manager or adding the repo to power shell . non are working as its saying that there is no internet on both cmd and powershell tried ping and curl its the same. But my browser and other apps have great network . Is...
  8. Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd doesn't recognize 'Powershell' as an command in newer Windows version (same with...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_hate_patrice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e24hcj/cmd_doesnt_recognize_powershell_as_an_command_in/
  9. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  10. cmd vs powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd vs powershell: Greetings. As a normal PC-geek I don't know how, when and why I should use Powershell instead of cmd. Or in another way, why has Microsoft changed cmd to Powershell in the right-click menu? What are the benefits? Or has Microsoft just done this to make fun of us, that...