Windows 10: Are regular updates no longer happening?

Discus and support Are regular updates no longer happening? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've noticed that since the CU update from the second Tuesday in December, I haven't been getting regular security updates anymore. Is that normal? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Delly10, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Delly10 Win User

Are regular updates no longer happening?

I've noticed that since the CU update from the second Tuesday in December, I haven't been getting regular security updates anymore. Is that normal? Is MS no longer sending out periodic Windows Defender updates since the last CU?

:)

Delly10, Jan 7, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Are regular updates no longer happening? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Are regular updates no longer happening?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Are regular updates no longer happening?

1. Are regular updates no longer happening? - Similar Threads - Are regular updates

2. PC no longer boots regularly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC no longer boots regularly.: I was just going on with my usual activities when my PC suddenly froze except that audio continued to play normally, after a while it tried to restart, then went into automatic repair and failed. I tried system restore a couple of times and it failed, now my pc only boots in...
  3. PC no longer boots regularly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC no longer boots regularly.: I was just going on with my usual activities when my PC suddenly froze except that audio continued to play normally, after a while it tried to restart, then went into automatic repair and failed. I tried system restore a couple of times and it failed, now my pc only boots in...
  4. PC no longer boots regularly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Something happened and pin is no longer available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Something happened and pin is no longer available": Hi there, I recently updated windows 10 and this is the message that has come up. The problem I have is that I have no idea what the password is and my account isn't an online one as i've tried resetting the password and it doesnt work so it must be a local one. Is there any...
  6. Are regular updates no longer happening?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are regular updates no longer happening?: I've noticed that since the CU update from the second Tuesday in December, I haven't been getting regular security updates anymore. Is that normal? Is MS no longer sending out periodic Windows Defender updates since the last CU? 171900
  7. Updates Preview or regular Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updates Preview or regular Update?: This update has been in Window 10 Updates for longer than the 7 days set in Update Settings. 2020-09 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 KB4576947 Is this a regular Update or just a Preview? I did not find anything...
  8. Regularity of Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Regularity of Windows updates: Hi, How often does Windows check for updates as of Feature update 1903? Mainly patches and security fixes. I have found answers, but none that are sourced from Microsoft....
  9. windows stopcode restart happens regularly

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows stopcode restart happens regularly: message - pc has found issues -needs to restart. for information go to https: windows. com/stopcode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-stopcode-restart-happens-regularly/30ccc7a6-ba77-4578-9e41-663f40bfc041"
  10. BSOD happens regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happens regularly: This computer originally ran Win 8. It was upgraded to Win 10 but because of midi driver errors in Sony's ACID Pro it required a clean Win 10 install. I did not get any BSOD's until after a clean Win 10 install. I don't think, but am unsure, that the BSOD's started...