Windows 10: Are sign in options gone?

Discus and support Are sign in options gone? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before i updated my hard drive, i had the option to sign in with either a password or a pin #. Now i only have an option to sign in using a pin # and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Landon Kromm, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Are sign in options gone?

Before i updated my hard drive, i had the option to sign in with either a password or a pin #. Now i only have an option to sign in using a pin # and cannot use my password at all. Anyway to fix this or is this like an update?

:)

Landon Kromm, Jun 8, 2020

2. fingerprint login option gone!!

Hi Jesper,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we would like to know if you have made any changes to the computer prior to this issue.

I suggest you to enable the biometric sign in option in setting and check.

Method 1: Enable the biometric sign in option

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Go to Sign in options tab.
    • The fingerprint option will always be visible if there is a WBF-supported fingerprint reader (and its associated driver) installed on the computer.

If you are unable to find the biometric sign in option, I suggest you to follow the instruction provided in method 2 and then perform method 1 on your computer and check.

Method 2: Biometric option.

I suggest you to enable the Biometrics to pick up the Biometrics setting. This option shall be enable by default.
    However, I recommend you to follow the steps provided below and check if it enable or not.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press
      Enter
      key.
    • Under Computer Configuration, navigate to.
    Administrative Templates -->Windows Components-->Biometrics

In the left hand panel of the Windows, double click on the following:

• Allow the use of biometrics
    • Allow users to log on using biometrics
      • Select enable option and click on Apply and
        OK button.
    Now, restart your computer and follow the instructions provided in method 1.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Are sign in options gone?

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Are sign in options gone?

1. Are sign in options gone? - Similar Threads - Are sign options

2. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings Option is Gone: Help! Can someone answer me on how can I fix this? You see only time and language are available in my settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-is-gone/38700842-1488-44bb-8624-4e4287159151
  3. Settings Option is Gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Option is Gone: Help! Can someone answer me on how can I fix this? You see only time and language are available in my settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-option-is-gone/38700842-1488-44bb-8624-4e4287159151
  4. Rename option gone

Rename option gone: Whenever I right click on an image file, the rename option isn’t available, and this only happens with image files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rename-option-gone/20fcf1fd-6800-4379-b99b-9c017748722f
  5. Sleep option gone

Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  6. The Bluetooth option is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Bluetooth option is gone: Hi . I have Bluetooth on my laptop. Two months ago, I changed my Windows. And since then, I can not connect via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth option is gone and I can't turn it on in the settings. What should I do ?...
  7. Bluetooth option is gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth option is gone: My bluetooth turned off by itself, and the switch to turn it on is just not there. I've tried turning everything I could find off and back on again. I've updated everything I could update. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing seems to work. Windows says...
  8. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?: I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no longer available. But I remember that I deactivated annoying lock screen on my Desktop-PC with this option....
  9. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option is gone: On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  10. Rip option gone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Rip option gone: I did a Windows update and now the Rip option is gone from Windows Media Player. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Media Player. I tried turning media features on and off and restarting. No change....