Windows 10: Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

Discus and support Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer? in Cortana to solve the problem; I had Skype connected to Cortana through linked accounts until 2 weeks ago. Now it is not working anymore. The issue I have is that when I click on... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lokiren11, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Lokiren11 Win User

Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

I had Skype connected to Cortana through linked accounts until 2 weeks ago. Now it is not working anymore. The issue I have is that when I click on Skype and try to add it I get an error and when I have asked different support people they say skype calling using Cortana is no longer supported. They give me a link to read: why-are-some-features-not-available-in-skype-anymore

The problem with the link is that it does not say skype calling is disabled. It only mentions Cortana Bot and Cortana Suggestions not being there anymore, but nothing about skype calls. Another issue is that there are plenty of pages from Microsoft where they specifically say that you can place phone calls with Skype using Cortana.

Cortana Help Page where it tells you how to set up your speaker with Cortana and how to make phone calls with Skype:

Cortana Help Page

How do I use Skype with my Speaker

Getting Started with Cortana - Speaker

So, why would MS keep Skype and Cortana support pages for a service that is no longer available? or maybe most reps working right now are simply incompetent or uninformed.

Someone that really knows, please help fix my problem. Thanks

Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer? a129fa4a-3f59-4a8b-8a75-0b8cf5654c8d?upload=true.png

After clicking on LINK, putting my info, then I get to the Agree page and click on Agree:

Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer? aef25b31-9c64-42ff-87bb-c0f801af90c5?upload=true.png

This is the error I get:

Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer? ab8d3023-942f-43ae-af2d-716f5c6c48d7?upload=true.png

:)

Lokiren11, Dec 31, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android

Read more: Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android - Thurrott.com

Brink, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android

Read more: Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android - Thurrott.com

Brink, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

Invoke Speaker Phone Calls

Hello Jack,

I just double-checked, and my Skype and Microsoft accounts are already linked. Alas, none of your suggestions are of help.

The issue I am having is that Cortana is not able to dial the contacts from my Windows Phone. When I try, I get the following response: "I'm sorry, I couldn't find (Contact Name) in your contacts. You may want to upload names from your phone to the Cortana
    app." Of course, I have looked at every menu selection in the Cortana app in my phone and I cannot figure out how to upload my regular phone contacts to the app.

I have even taken this issue to the tech workers at my local Microsoft store, and they have yet to give me any answers. They made one suggestion:

"To get the speaker to recognize all of your contacts and not just Skype contacts, she said there was a setting on the Cortana app on your Windows phone that will allow you to “merge” or port over your MS account contacts with
    Skype.

To do this, go to the Cortana app on your phone, hit the menu button on the upper-left corner, and select “Devices”. You should see an option somewhere in there that allows you to combine your MS account contacts with Skype."

Unfortunately, I followed these instructions, and there is no such option in the Cortana app that allows my to combine my MS account contacts with Skype. My MS and Skype accounts are linked, as I mentioned above, but not in Cortana.
    Furthermore, now that I am thinking about it, does her suggestion even make sense? Meaning, are the regular phone contacts in my Windows Phone technically considered: "MS account contacts", or would "MS account contacts" be my e-mail contacts?

If anyone figures this out, I will be MOST GRATEFUL! Thank you for your response, Jack.

P.S. I should also mention that when I open Skype and select "Contacts", following the list of "Skype Contacts", there follows the "Local Address Book", which is my phone's contacts. These show up in Skype whether I open it on my
    PC or on my Windows Phone (both of which are connect to my Invoke speaker via Bluetooth). When I select one of my "Local Address Book" contacts in the PC and make a call manually, Skype places the call through my Invoke speaker; when I do the same in Skype
    on my phone, the call is simply placed in my phone, as if I were just making a normal call.

Thank you.

MKCBrown93, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer?

1. Are Skype Calls using Cortana Discontinued or Broken using HK Speaker, Android, Computer? - Similar Threads - Are Skype Calls

2. Phone link use phones headset for calls instead of computer speakers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link use phones headset for calls instead of computer speakers?: The ability to make calls from my computer is great and all since the phone numbers are on my computer. but it defeats the entire purpose if the calls are done over the speakers instead of using my phones head set. I need a way to either use a bluetooth headset on my PC to...
  3. Phone link use phones headset for calls instead of computer speakers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link use phones headset for calls instead of computer speakers?: The ability to make calls from my computer is great and all since the phone numbers are on my computer. but it defeats the entire purpose if the calls are done over the speakers instead of using my phones head set. I need a way to either use a bluetooth headset on my PC to...
  4. Using Cortana

in Cortana
    Using Cortana: Is there any way I can use Cortana while on face book and typing a post? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-cortana/d5ded736-070a-45b7-9b24-1f96c4319eb6
  5. Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Integrated Laptop Speakers broken after using Skype: Hey y'all, Yesterday I went ahead and installed Skype onto my laptop so that I could talk to some relatives of mine. Well, after the call disconnected because of my bad Wifi, I used another PC that has an ethernet connection. I had left my laptop to idle, and when I came...
  6. OneDrive Discontinue use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Discontinue use: I have had no problems with OneDrive until I reached my storage limit. Now I am only able to save new files in my downloads folder which makes things very unorganized. I have a two part question. How do I permanently save all of my OneDrive files onto my PC? complete...
  7. Is Cortana being discontinued?

in Cortana
    Is Cortana being discontinued?: I updated Windows this morning. After that, when I went to try to use Cortana, a message appeared saying that it was no longer available in Brazilian Portuguese. Is the Cortana being discontinued?...
  8. Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Is Automatically Answering Some Calls on Android: Skype for Android has a really weird issue. And it’s a massive privacy problem. Believe it or not, Skype has a feature called automatic answering that automatically answers your calls for you. And on the Android app, the feature is malfunctioning, automatically answering...
  9. skype using resources

in Windows 10 Customization
    skype using resources: Hi, I will appreciate any help. I do not use skype, have not activated or subscribed to skype, yet occasionally I notice heavy use of resources by this app and its associated files, enough to slow down my pc. Why?...
  10. HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio

in Cortana
    HK Invoke speaker - Cortana - TuneIn radio: Cortana doesn't recognize many radio stations I know available in TuneIn. I believe it's a matter of recognition. How can I make Cortana access them ? . For example Klara , is a classical music station based in Belgium, listed on TuneIn. What should I say to make Cortana...