Windows 10: Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.

Discus and support Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SarthakM, Jan 16, 2021.

1. SarthakM Win User

Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.

Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.

:)

SarthakM, Jan 16, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Power options - SSD settings

• Go to Control Panel - Power Options
    • Select your current Power Plan and click 'Change Plan Settings'
    • Click 'Change Advanced Plan Settings
    • The top setting - Hard Drive - 'Turn off hard disk after'
    • Set both battery and plugged in to 0 (this is never stop!)

DaveM121, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Advanced Power Management with CU

now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one listed...."Maximum processor frequency" ??? Default is set to ZERO ?? Should I leave this at zero , on battery and plugged in ???
    thanks
    tom

wingman1800, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management.

SSD not being shown in disk management

Western Digital got back to me and this solved my problem:

Thank you for your continued response.

Please perform the steps mentioned below to run Diskpart. Please note that following steps will erase all the data on the SSD including partitions and boot sector.

1. Open Command Prompt, Click on Start - Run - Type cmd and hit Enter.

2. Type diskpart, and then press ENTER to open the diskpart tool.

3. Type list disk, and then press ENTER. A list of available hard disks is displayed.

4. Type sel disk #number, and then press ENTER. Number is the number of the hard disk that you want to clean. The hard disk is now selected.

5. Type det disk, and then press ENTER. A list of partitions on the hard disk is displayed. Use this information to verify that the correct disk is selected.

6. Make sure that the disk does not contain required data, type clean all, and then press ENTER to clean the disk. All the partitions and all the data on the disk is permanently removed.

7. Type exit, and then press ENTER to close

FLY LIK A MUG, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Are SSD's affected by TurnOff Hard Disk after setting in advanced power management. - Similar Threads - Are SSD's affected

2. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  3. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK MANAGEMENT advance task: I had a Windows 10 on an Acer tablet that my screen broke. I had to take out the hard drive and install it on my PC desktop Lenovo ThinkCentre M600 so as not to lose the data on my broken tablet. Then unfortunately I had a crash with my PC desktop Windows system, thus and I...
  4. DISK MANAGEMENT advance task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Advanced power settings help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced power settings help: Hello a few months ago i downlaoded AVG battery saver lnto my laptop and i deleted it awhile sgo snd now its still being used on my laptop even though the app isnt on my laptop. everytime i turn my laptop on the battery lowers and i looked on my advanced power settings and...
  6. Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why no USB Settings in Advanced Power Settings?: My wife's Dell computer has a lot more options in the Advance Power settings. Including "USB Settings". Why would my HP Envy 32 not have those options? I have USB devices plugged in. Like my mouse, a hard drive, an m-disc drive....
  7. advanced power settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    advanced power settings: Hi all, Its very frustrating that I am not getting all the options in x1 yoga 3rd gen computer. i have tried powercfg -attributes 19cbb8fa-5279-450e-9fac-8a3d5fedd0c1 12bbebe6-58d6-4636-95bb-3217ef867c1a -attrib_hide for showing the wireless option but no luck ! tried...
  8. Advanced Power Management? (Sleep)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Advanced Power Management? (Sleep): Hi Reddit - I am a professional media guy and need to render long files occasionally. Does anyone know of a way or utility that will let me customize sleep cycles? If I just leave chrome open I just want my computer to sleep and then shut down after a while. I don't want it...
  9. Problem with Advanced Power Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Advanced Power Settings: I bought a used computer, updated to Windows 10. It runs great for what i use it for, but i noticed the CPU was running hot. Core #0 runs at 99c at full load such as watching a movie. I did my own research and decided to change the processor power management . So I go into my...
  10. Advanced Power Management with CU

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Power Management with CU: now when I go to to power management , under advanced settings there is a new listing for "Processor power management". It is the first one listed...."Maximum processor frequency" ??? Default is set to ZERO ?? Should I leave this at zero , on battery and plugged in ???...