Windows 10: Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

Discus and support Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to update my HP Stream (that runs on the non-replaceable 32 GB eMMC) using the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1903.exe), but it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alek Davis, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

I tried to update my HP Stream (that runs on the non-replaceable 32 GB eMMC) using the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1903.exe), but it only upgraded the OS to the 1607 update. The laptop has a bit over 5 GB of free space and there is nothing I can free (other than a browser and Skype, there is nothing I can delete, and I cleaned up the drive including the system files, old updates, etc), so I used a USB flash drive for the upgrade.

I did a bit of research and according to https://www.zdnet.com/article/windo...torage-no-1903-update-for-you-says-microsoft/, it looks like there is not further upgrade for me. Is this true? Does it mean all systems running on a 32 GB eMMC drives will be permanently stuck on the 1607 update? What about security patches?

Can anyone share Microsoft's official stand on this? Thanks.

:)

Alek Davis, Jul 7, 2019

2. windows 10 on a computer with a 32 GB eMMC main drive, need to move OS

i have a DELL Inspiron 11 3000 Non-Touch LAPTOP running the factory windows 10 software installed on a 32 GB eMMC drive. there's no memory left and it's becoming impossible to use or update. tried running disk clean up and deleting all unnecessary programs/features/apps
    and files. Help please!

I'd like to move the windows 10 operating system to another drive - either a micro SD card or USB flash drive, because finding larger or any eMMC drives is very difficult, and would still necessitate a move of the OS.

the laptop does not have an activation key on it, not sure of how to obtain the key that is used currently.

ohgollyicantbeleiveitsyogurt, Jul 7, 2019
  3. cannot load updates for windows 10 . hard drive 32 GB too small

I have a Aspire One Cloudbook 14 with a eMMC 32 HARD DRIVE. My laptop has Microsoft 10 on it. I am trying to load a Microsoft 10 update. During update Microsoft said to select drive to hold the down load my C drive is 10 GB short. I added USB 32 GB
    drive. Then Microsoft update says on the screen I must have and additional 4.73 GB to complete install. I cannot make that happen even if I delete all the apps,. I have all ready removed all of my personal files. The laptop locks out 25.3 for system files
    of the 32 GB. so it impossible to free up 10 GB. Help. with all the small laptops using 32 GB hard drives this is a real problem.. HELP

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

MULLINS(2), Jul 7, 2019
  4. Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

Windows 10 Creator Update & Sufficient Installation Space in Small Dell Laptops 32 GB Hard Drive

Windows 10 Creator Update needed more memory than my Dell Inspiron 14 3542 had; 6.78 gb vs 8 gb. Ultimately dumped my whole Dell diagnostic & service packages, my McAfee, and some minor Apps & then, yes, by the update tool, it then had the 8 gb + some
    to perform the update download & install. Had been frustrating, since a comparable Lenovo had updated perfectly with a 32 GB hard drive. Can re-install those Dell tools after install. That the MSN owned DELL had been unable to load & turn around an update
    file was odd; just make the space from the DELL Registration & Service tools. That 32 gb on the efficient 'emmc' Inspiron 14 Touch is tight, but now ok.

Its capacity to upgrade is correctly listed in the DELL models survey of the update's suitability.

scott mconnolly, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

1. Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable? - Similar Threads - Are systems eMMC

2. Boot Drive/System 32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Drive/System 32: Hello Everyone, I'm Reinstalling Windows 10 to my Custom PC, I had several issues before this not windows related and now the issues are windows related. I have spent hours last night and hours today trying to get this to work. I have the MediaCreationTool that I use to get...
  3. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32 GB flash drive to install windows 10: I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow submitted by...
  4. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG STRIX B360-H Gaming...
  5. Upgrading to 32 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrading to 32 GB RAM: Hi all, I have 16 GB RAM ( Two 8 GB sticks) and in the near future I want to upgrade to 32 GB RAM. Can I put another two 8 GB sticks near my other two or should I remove both 8 GB sticks and replace them by two 16 GB sticks? Thanks. My motherboard is ROG SRIX B360-H Gaming...
  6. Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update: I teach Windows 10 at the Senior Citizens Center. When possible, students bring their laptops to class so they can learn on their own machines. I've helped several of them update Windows 10; however, one student has a laptop with only a 32 GB "hard drive" that says there's...
  7. Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.: How to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-32-gb-thumb-drive-to-increase-storage/58221030-9a61-4639-8b37-9de5b7cc22f3"
  8. Cant install April 2018 update, not enough space - 32 gb drive

Cant install April 2018 update, not enough space - 32 gb drive: I have an low end HP stream with 32 gb storage. I can't free up 8gb of space, primarily because my Windows folder by itself has over 20gb of used space. I have tried to do it from a USB and an external HD with no luck. Any suggestions? Bob...
  9. trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB: hello i have win 10 and today connect my trancend usb 3.0 flash drive.the capacity is 128 GB but in appears with 32 GB!!!.i format it but nothing change.any help please 42015
  10. 4 beginner questions: Home-Pro, Recovery Drive, 32 GB eMMC, drivers

4 beginner questions: Home-Pro, Recovery Drive, 32 GB eMMC, drivers: Some beginner questions about 10. Did some reading on the forums, some important questions still left. (I thought I will just wait until Threshold 2 to come out to install it) 1. Comparing Home and Pro (and Education and Enterprise): all the ISOs are the same size. I see...