Windows 10: Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

Discus and support Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D0M1N13, Mar 16, 2021.

1. D0M1N13 Win User

Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2?

Hello Everyone,
    I recently bought a new laptop with the Samsung PM981a SSD NVME M.2. I feel that the drive isn't fast, especially for this SSD and I don't see Samsung NVME driver in my Device Manager. I read online that the Samsung NVME driver is necessary to boost the performance of the drive. When I go to Samsung's website, there is no driver for the PM981a, at least I cannot find it. Anybody can help me to locate the driver for the PM981a SSD? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

D0M1N13, Mar 16, 2021

2. XPS 8930 will not recognize Samsung 970 pro NVMe M.2 SSD

I have this $300 ssd and now it wont even appear on the Computer drives list.
    ( Samsung 970 pro 1T NVMe M.2 SSD )
    Windows 10 Home . The Dell has the ssd slot ; I connected it and fastened the screw . The driver software from Samsung wont even install, it gave me a error report mid way through. For it to even get that far in bios settings I turned off raid because other websites suggested that . I turned on something else I forget .

But still nothing. I have the Samsung magic drive software and that does not even see it .
    Not at my wits ends, but almost.
    Any help trouble shooting this problem is greatly appreciated.. *Sad

OtherWay1982, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
  4. 24C
    24c Win User

M.2 NVMe SSDs in Raid 0 array?

I am not using a RAID card - there are 3 M.2 slots on the mobo - slots 1 & 2 have Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB drives - slot 3 has a Samsung 960 EVO drive .
    I can create a RAID 0 array using the 2 960 Pro drives - but it is not recognized in the Boot options.
    Strip size was changed to the suggested 128KB after this pic was taken
    I have been messing with the BIOS all night trying to figure this out - no luck

Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2? [​IMG]

Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2? [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Are their drivers for the Samsung PM981A SSD NVME M.2? - Similar Threads - Are drivers Samsung

2. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  3. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. M.2 NVMe SSD is listed as 0.0GB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 NVMe SSD is listed as 0.0GB.: Hi,2 days ago I booted Windows normally, however I suddenly encountered a BSOD which led to a momentary message on my screen, "Checking media presence, No media present" which subsequently forced me into BIOS. As I had faced this issue on a previous occasion about a month...
  6. Fast Startup on M.2 NVMe SSD ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup on M.2 NVMe SSD ?: So ever since i reinstalled the OS i haven't disabled Fast Startup on it. I used to have Fast Startup enabled on my HDD by default after OS installation because i never messed with it. But i've been reading around the web that for M.2 if Fast Startup is enabled then it might...
  7. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  8. question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    question: M.2 NVMe SSD options: On my existing machine, I have a 1TB GEN3 M.2 NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 Pro), connect via a PCIe3 addon card. It works fine. Soon I will be upgrading my motherboard to a modern board with 2 built-n GEN4 M.2 slots. The new CPU will be AMD Ryzen 7 3800X. I'm considering getting...
  9. NVMe M.2 SSD

NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  10. NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO

NVMe vs SATA for M.2 SSD? Samsung 970 EVO: What kind of M.2 do I have? NVMe vs SATA? That is the question here! Hi! I have this notebook: Dell G3 5379 and want to get a fast SSD Drive. Will this one fit? I'm confused about NVMe. My notebook has an M.2 slot and so far I only used traditional SATA 2.5" SSD drives....