Windows 10: Are there any 64-bit Microsoft rootkit detection tools?

Discus and support Are there any 64-bit Microsoft rootkit detection tools? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an email in my spam folder that says they hacked my PC with a RAT trojan and accessed my webcam. I'm looking for a rootkit detection tool... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheBigM60, Apr 16, 2019.

1. TheBigM60 Win User

Are there any 64-bit Microsoft rootkit detection tools?

I received an email in my spam folder that says they hacked my PC with a RAT trojan and accessed my webcam.

I'm looking for a rootkit detection tool that works with Windows 10.

Is there anything available from Microsoft?

Something similar to the Sysinternal toolkit?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

:)

TheBigM60, Apr 16, 2019

2. 6 Rootkit Detector Programs reviewed & compared: INTERESTING READ!

How interesting, I have sptd.sys detected as possible rootkit activity. Google dismisses it as a part of Daemon tools....when I've never installed it. I heard that it's also a part of Alcohol 120, which I DID use once. I want to just remove it, BUT it's in the Windows drivers folder, and if it's not a part of Daemon tools or a rootkit, it's required for Windows startup...ugh.

Suggestions?

zekrahminator, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Rootkit Revealer

FYI...These are a few other of the easier and safer ARKS for novice users:

-- Note:
    Malwarebytes
    uses a proprietary low level driver similar to some anti-rootkit (ARK) scanners to locate hidden files and
    special techniques which enable it to detect a wide spectrum of threats including active rootkits,

zero-day malware
    and malware in the wild. The anti-rootkit technology in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x/3.x is identical to that of Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (mbar).
    SUPERAntiSpyware Free offers technology to deal with rootkit infections as well. Both of these scanners are easy enough for any novice to safely
    use.

quietman7 - MVP, Apr 16, 2019
  4. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Are there any 64-bit Microsoft rootkit detection tools? - Similar Threads - Are bit Microsoft

2. Norton detected a rootkit in my pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton detected a rootkit in my pc: Hello, I hope everyone is doing great.I have had a problem when I downloaded and opened a random .exe file by mistake which caused my laptop to suddenly restart.After the restart Norton detected winmon.sys virus which contained a hacktool.rootkit and removed it, afterwards it...
  3. Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playstation Executable not detecting 64-bit architecture: Hi, I'm trying to install the PS4 remote play client on my Windows 10 PC. The issue is that the installer is failing, I suspect because when I attempt to run the RemotePlayInstaller.exe, it is unpacking this file: "RemotePlayInstaller_4.0.0.09240_Win32". I should be running...
  4. Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install ANY 64-bit app on Windows 10 Home 64 bit: Error from VirtualBox: 32-bit Windows hosts are not supported by this VirtualBox release Same problem attempting to install VPN, Pulse Secure....
  5. Microsoft Maleware Removal Tool for 64 bit Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Maleware Removal Tool for 64 bit Windows 10: having a problem downloading the 64bit Maleware Removal Tool. Note says" the page is not available at this time". Strange all these years I never had an issue downlaoding this. Anyone know what's going on? thanks hux...
  6. microsoft Security Essential 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Security Essential 64 bit: I am trying to install several time Microsoft Security Essential 64 bit but could not complete the download https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-security-essential-64-bit/7bd93a85-eb42-4e80-b35e-239097ac45f9
  7. is there a microsoft picture it in 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a microsoft picture it in 64 bit?: is there a Microsoft picture it in 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-microsoft-picture-it-in-64-bit/20e5aa5d-bd04-4003-9c70-e9b542cd7277
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner 32-bit or 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Safety Scanner 32-bit or 64-bit: In a thread about changing the default search engine, there is a reference to going to the Microsoft Safety Scanner, downloading it and running a system scan. However at the page for the scanner...
  9. 64 bits

in Windows 10 Customization
    64 bits: How can I play older pc games on a 64 bit windows? None of them will load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bits/b1eedd07-2134-4b35-a533-c1ff77d64d10
  10. 64 BIT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    64 BIT: how do i change to a 64 bit os https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/64-bit/841df499-3216-4aa0-b30c-6d666638c63a