Windows 10: Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

Discus and support Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Title. I know of quite a few but ShutUp10 edits the registry or something because after I use it and when I check group policy settings there are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrjgriffin413, May 2, 2020.

1. Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

Title. I know of quite a few but ShutUp10 edits the registry or something because after I use it and when I check group policy settings there are no policy changes. So in short I don't trust it because it technically doesn't show what it's doing.

What I'm looking for are specific programs that only edit the group policy so I can see what's actually happening. If there aren't any trustworthy ones I suppose I'll delve into the group policy settings myself.

submitted by /u/mrjgriffin413
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrjgriffin413, May 2, 2020
  2. torre Win User

Win10 Telemetry

Good article from ZDNet.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/microso...on-off-switch/

torre, May 2, 2020
  3. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry

Hi Mike,

We'd like to know more about the issue which you are experiencing regarding the Windows Compatibility Telemetry. It would be great if you can provide us the following details:

• What is the build and version of your Windows OS? To get this, press
      Windows key + R
      , type winver, and hit OK.
    • When has the issue started? How often does the it spike up its CPU and Disk usage?
    • What are the programs running on your computer when this issue occurs?

If you are running have Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise edition installed on your machine, then we may try to configure the Telemetry diagnostic data level through Group Policy editor. Follow the steps below to do so:

1. From the Group Policy Management Console, go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds.
    2. Double-click Allow Telemetry.
    3. In the Options box, select the level that you want to configure, and then click
      OK.

You can also check the following article on how to
    improve PC performance in Windows 10

We'll be waiting for your response.

MaRoselle Cag, May 2, 2020
  4. Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend?

1. Are there any anti-telemetry programs that anyone can recommend? - Similar Threads - Are anti telemetry

2. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  3. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips: Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out with this. My PC fans have been making a lot more noise than usual recently, sometime when I'm doing nothing. I also play Microsoft Flight Simulator quite a lot and it has been crashing a lot, which is pretty standard, but it's...
  4. Can anyone recommend some hardware diagnostic tips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Searching list of KB.. (telemetry) updates which are not recommended: Sometimes MS tries to propagate dubious "updates" whose core task are "telemetry" data collection. The following article shows one of such updates which are not essentially necessary for running Win10: KB5001391 is another Windows update that you should not install, except.....
  6. Recommend Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommend Anti Virus: My computer got fried by a virus. Got CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I’m in the process of trying to repair it at the moment with a recovery USB. My current anti virus Malware Bytes wasn’t able to prevent my current issue. Do any of you have recommendations for anti virus software?...
  7. Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can anyone recommend a good hard drive?: Currently I have the following hard disk (WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0), only I am bothered by the fact that my disk usage is constantly at 100%, I suspect that the disk is simply too slow in reading and writing, or are there other reasons for this, I would prefer a disk between 1...
  8. Anyone know what this is? I want help or any recommendation

Anyone know what this is? I want help or any recommendation: Anyone know what this is? At this time I am making a total deletion of this file, but when I close the PC and re-open it again. I find this file working again I did a scan to find out if it was a virus or malware But the results are strange. No virus by site Virustotal and...
  9. Anti virus Program

Anti virus Program: Will this program work when there is no more updates for windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-program/90127b5b-54ec-4e25-bfd9-c67d285defda
  10. Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program

Any Recommendations on a Good Ant-Malware Program: Good Day Gentlemen I am in need of a good anti malware program paid version what will suit me for windows 10 home 64 I already have anti virus so No need for a full package just anti malware What is special in 2016 or what are you guys using ? many thanks...