Windows 10: Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.

Discus and support Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I see that my problem isn't a new one, but I need some help. I enabled bitlocker for Windows 11 and created a pin to log back in. My keyboard will not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anne Webber, May 26, 2024.

1. Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.

I see that my problem isn't a new one, but I need some help. I enabled bitlocker for Windows 11 and created a pin to log back in. My keyboard will not work now, nor will the other keyboards in my home. I cannot get into bios or uefi because keyboard will not work. I cannot get into settings, or powers he'll, or cmd keyboard doesn't work. I see in a few places that resetting cmos is an option, but slightly a newbie at this. Does this work? Are there any other options? And why is there no warnings that this is a possibility? I have a custom built computer that is unusable due to this Windows i

:)

Anne Webber, May 26, 2024
  2. John Fer Win User

System Details

Hello Murray,

This might be caused by system conflict. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest updating your drivers. To do that, follow the steps provided on this
    article.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, May 26, 2024
  3. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, May 26, 2024
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.

1. Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below. - Similar Threads - Are recent answers

2. See below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See below: Less than 24 hours after receiving a message that stated, "You will no longer receive support for Windows 10, after October 2025", I lost the Wi-Fi icon on my personal computer. I tried all of the suggestions that I found on-line, but nothing helped. I pay $19.95 + tax every...
  3. See below

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    See below: Less than 24 hours after receiving a message that stated, "You will no longer receive support for Windows 10, after October 2025", I lost the Wi-Fi icon on my personal computer. I tried all of the suggestions that I found on-line, but nothing helped. I pay $19.95 + tax every...
  4. Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.

Are there any recent answers for issues with bitlocker? See details below.: I see that my problem isn't a new one, but I need some help. I enabled bitlocker for Windows 11 and created a pin to log back in. My keyboard will not work now, nor will the other keyboards in my home. I cannot get into bios or uefi because keyboard will not work. I cannot...
  5. See below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See below: I understand the need to put a high security fence around my computer, but there should be a few alternate ways to important details. My computer was a gift from my brother and my nephew, in August of 2021. It was set up on August 8, 2021. I think it was on that precise day...
  6. See below

See below: I understand the need to put a high security fence around my computer, but there should be a few alternate ways to important details. My computer was a gift from my brother and my nephew, in August of 2021. It was set up on August 8, 2021. I think it was on that precise day...
  7. See below

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. See below.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See below.: The app images on the Start menu I added stopped showing up on my new Dell desktop; text is okay. The pre-loaded apps continue to show images and text. Can this be fixed?Thank You...
  9. See below.

See below.: The app images on the Start menu I added stopped showing up on my new Dell desktop; text is okay. The pre-loaded apps continue to show images and text. Can this be fixed?Thank You...
  10. Strange Permissions Issue - See Details

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange Permissions Issue - See Details: Okay, so I have a strange situation. I have a drive that has an old installation of Windows on it. If I try to copy a file to the root folder, it will give Error 0x80070522: A required privilege is not held by the client. However, if I copy the file to a subfolder and...