Windows 10: Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro...

Discus and support Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there any way yet to remove the 'Recommended' section from the start menu completely... this is so silly, I don't know who would want this giant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Seanm76, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Seanm76 Win User

Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro...

Is there any way yet to remove the 'Recommended' section from the start menu completely... this is so silly, I don't know who would want this giant empty space w/ a suggestion to turn it back on after purposefully turning it off in under personalization settings. I think your UX folks didn't have enough coffee the day they made this decision I get it though, I write software too haha Anyway - here's my problem/info below:I did attempt group policy editor to no availI attempted a couple regedits to no avail as well but obviously prefer not hacking around the registry if unnecessaryHere's

:)

Seanm76, Feb 5, 2023

2. Recommended Section Windows 11 : how to display again a file removed from the list ?

Hello,

I like the Recommended section of Windows 11 in Start Menu, especially to open files that I am using frequently.

For some files, I asked Windows 11 by mistake to remove them from the Recommanded section by a 'Right Click' -> Remove from the list.

Now, I want to have them again in the Recommended section.

But I cannot find the way to reinitialize the Recommended section settings or to add them back in the list one by one.

I tried to activate/deactivate Recommended section but it does not do that.

Any advice ?

Thank you for your help.

Kevin_FR_user, Feb 5, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 5, 2023
  4. bigscale Win User

Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro...

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

1. Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro... - Similar Threads - Are updates removing

2. Remove Recommended Section entirely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Recommended Section entirely: I've turned it off in the settings, but then there simply remains a perpetual demand to turn it back on again:I turned it off on purpose. Believe it or not.And yet Windows refuses to let me get away with that.How can I silence this silly demand perpetually loitering in my...
  3. Remove Recommended Section entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Recommended Section entirely: I've turned it off in the settings, but then there simply remains a perpetual demand to turn it back on again:I turned it off on purpose. Believe it or not.And yet Windows refuses to let me get away with that.How can I silence this silly demand perpetually loitering in my...
  4. Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any updates to removing the 'Recommended' section completely from Windows 11 pro...: Is there any way yet to remove the 'Recommended' section from the start menu completely... this is so silly, I don't know who would want this giant empty space w/ a suggestion to turn it back on after purposefully turning it off in under personalization settings. I think your...
  5. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  6. "Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working

"Remove Recommended Section from Start Menu" is NOT working: I am on Windows 11 Pro, 22H2, Build 22621.675. I have gone through the instructions to enable Remove Recommended Section From Start Menu in the group policy editor and it's not working. Restarted, it's still there. I tried enabling it from Computer Configuration too since the...
  7. Is there a way to remove the recommended section?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to remove the recommended section?: It takes up a **** ton of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-recommended-section/853387c3-b033-47cd-a2bc-285380f74b77
  8. Is there a way to remove the recommended section?

Is there a way to remove the recommended section?: It takes up a **** ton of space. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-remove-the-recommended-section/853387c3-b033-47cd-a2bc-285380f74b77
  9. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?: Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there...
  10. Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?

Is there ANY way to remove the "Recommended" section form the start menu?: Hey y' all, hope everyone is doing well today. I am really liking Win 11 so far, I have some bugs to report but, nothing that can't be fixed I'm sure. BUT, the one thing I would like to be able to do is totally remove the "Recommended" section from the start menu, is there...