Windows 10: Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?

Discus and support Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to find a new midi controller that will work with Windows 10. My current music keyboard (usb midi controller M-Audio Oxygen 8) no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanHoward2, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?

I'm trying to find a new midi controller that will work with Windows 10. My current music keyboard (usb midi controller M-Audio Oxygen 8) no longer works with Windows 10, and there seems to be no way of making it work. Which ones on the market are compatible with Windows 10?

:)

JanHoward2, Oct 16, 2018

2. USB Midi Keyboard not recognized (Windows 10)

I've just bought PC with Windows 10, I'm using it for music production. After installing my music production software (Fruity Loops Studio 9) I connected my Midi Keyboard to the USB 3.0 port and it I had no issues. I was making music the entire first day
    of owning my new PC, and the USB Midi keyboard worked perfectly.

By the second day, I decided to install updates for my PC. After applying updates and restarting my PC, I returned to making music, only now to find my PC not recognizing the USB Midi keyboard anymore. I've tried disconnecting from the 3.0 port and connecting
    to 2.0 to see if that was the issue. It's day three now and nothing seems to fix my problem.

PC: CyberPowerPC GLC3600W

CPU: intel i7 6700k 4.0Ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon R7 360

RAM: 8GB DDR4-RAM 1600hz

USB Midi Keyboard: Samson Carbon 49

DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), (music production software):

Fruity Loops Studio 9.0 XXL v9.0.0

ChrisBanks_831, Oct 16, 2018
  3. USB Midi Keyboard not recognized (Windows 10)

Hello Annu,

I tried the two options but my Midi Keyboard still does not work with my Surface Pro 4.

I know the device is connected and recognize (I can see it in the device manager).

Any other ideas?

Alexisde Ghellinck, Oct 16, 2018
  4. KChae17 Win User

Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920.

Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story:

I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a simple MIDIPLUS AKM320 keyboard. It was a cheap one on Amazon that I thought would be a great first purchase to try something new.
    The keyboard says it requires no drivers, and should be plug-and-play and compatible with Windows or iOS. However, when I plug it in, windows registers only for a brief second that I have a USB device connected, and then it disappears. If I go to device manager,
    I can find it with the yellow triangle error symbol next to it. It says: "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)."

I have tried updating the drivers with Windows, and it says the latest/recommended drivers are installed. I have also tried downloading drivers from the manufacturer, but they seem to be outdated (for previous versions of Windows) so I tried running them
    in compatibility mode, but that didn't work either. I've tried a dozen forum suggested fixes, but nothing has worked. This alone is a little bit discouraging, but I decided I had probably just bought a cheap MIDI Keyboard that wasn't actually compatible with
    Windows 10.

Then, I started doing some research, thinking I'd buy a better one, but that I had better find out whether it was Windows 10 compatible or not. Here's where the frustration really started; Every single MIDI Keyboard I found had reported issues with Windows
    10 not recognizing the USB device. It appears that plug-and-play devices should be automatically assigned generic Windows MIDI drivers, but nothing happens. Then, when the correct drivers ARE installed, Windows will not assign the drivers to the device or
    the drivers will not run on Windows 10, or in compatibility modes. This might be because MIDI Keyboards are not making drivers for Windows 10, but isn't that the point of plug-and-play? Shouldn't the latest version of Windows run a MIDI keyboard EASILY?

So now I have 3 questions:

1. Has anyone run into this issue and actually fixed it?

2. Can anyone explain to me in more detail what exactly is going on with Windows and MIDI Controller Devices?

3. Do any of you use a MIDI Controller with Windows 10, and if so what have you found that actually works. I don't want to buy a new one only to have the same problem.

Thanks!

KChae17, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10?

1. Are there any usb midi controller (music keyboards) that are supported by Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Are usb midi

2. PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller: Hi, I have never installed a driver in my new PC and I need PCR M80 driver for my midi keyboard controloller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcr-m80-midi-keyboard-controller/970e7101-4c84-4aed-8858-12261cbb3a88
  3. PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller: Hi, I have never installed a driver in my new PC and I need PCR M80 driver for my midi keyboard controloller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcr-m80-midi-keyboard-controller/970e7101-4c84-4aed-8858-12261cbb3a88
  4. PCR-M80 midi keyboard controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB problems with MIDI keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB problems with MIDI keyboard: [ATTACH] Hi, first sorry for my english but it's not my first language, I tried everything you all are my only hope. I built a pc in January. These are the specs: MB: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1030 RAM: 2x16GB ddr4 3600Mhz...
  6. Midiman/M-Audio USB Midi Controller Oxygen 8 Windows 10 support

Midiman/M-Audio USB Midi Controller Oxygen 8 Windows 10 support: Hello, I've followed several questions here in the forum related to the midi controller mentioned in the subject above. Just wanted to let you know that you still can use the controller in Windows 10 with downloading the old latest drivers from the website of M-Audio and...
  7. USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10

USB Midi keyboard not recognised by Windows 10: Hello! For a while my computer running Windows 10 has problems recognising a specific USB audio device. The device is a M-audio Keystation Mini 32 Mk1 and it is class compliant which means I can't download a specific driver from the manufacturer. I've been...
  8. Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller

Windows 10 not recognizing class-compliant MIDI Keyboard Controller: TL;DR: can I force Windows to use a MIDI driver when it mis-recognizes a device? Basically, Windows will see the device, think it is a Generic USB Audio device instead of a MIDI controller, and installs the wrong drivers without errors. the result is that I cannot use the...
  9. USB midi controller and Windows 10 update

USB midi controller and Windows 10 update: Hi, I have an M-Audio Oxygen 8 midi controller keyboard that I was using through usb into a DAW (Reaper) for producing music. It was working until the last Windows 10 update, but now Reaper doesn't recognise that I've got the device connected...nothing shows up as a midi...
  10. MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10

MIDI Keyboards and Windows 10: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 920. Disclaimer: I am no computer Guru, but I can read and follow instructions, so here's the story: I've recently gotten more into composing and making music, and decided to purchase a MIDI keyboard. The keyboard I got is a...