Windows 10: Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

Discus and support Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm booting off of a USB key that I know works since I installed Windows 10 on a new computer this morning with it. I have five users that had Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PracticalYellow3, May 9, 2022.

1. Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

I'm booting off of a USB key that I know works since I installed Windows 10 on a new computer this morning with it. I have five users that had Windows quit booting the past week that I get that error when I try to do a repair install from the USB key. All are running Windows 10 Pro, and I know two of them lost their activation within the past month.

submitted by /u/PracticalYellow3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PracticalYellow3, May 9, 2022

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, May 9, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 9, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?" :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?"

1. Are there any workarounds for "Windows cannot install required files?" - Similar Threads - Are workarounds cannot

2. Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...: We know about the failure of KB5034441, and the recent recommendations to modify a partition as a workaround. As an old school practitioner since 3.1 came on floppies, and having crashed many a hard disk, modifying a partition seems rather extreme for an update workaround,...
  3. Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a workaround for KB5034441 install failure that doesn't require partition...: We know about the failure of KB5034441, and the recent recommendations to modify a partition as a workaround. As an old school practitioner since 3.1 came on floppies, and having crashed many a hard disk, modifying a partition seems rather extreme for an update workaround,...
  4. Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all file required for installation are...

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all file required for installation are...: I tried all the methods including disk part and cleaning the disk but didn't work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-install-required-files-make-sure/b287c486-8824-4b30-92d4-84bd10771b6b
  5. Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all file required for installation are...

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all file required for installation are...: I tried all the methods including disk part and cleaning the disk but didn't work. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-install-required-files-make-sure/b287c486-8824-4b30-92d4-84bd10771b6b
  6. Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all file required for installation are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are...

"Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are...: I keep getting this error when I try install Windows 11 besides Windows 10 / trying to dual boot it with Windows 10 / trying to have both Windows 11 and Windows 10 on the laptop ~ along side each other on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC Laptop. How do I fix that...
  8. "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are...: I keep getting this error when I try install Windows 11 besides Windows 10 / trying to dual boot it with Windows 10 / trying to have both Windows 11 and Windows 10 on the laptop ~ along side each other on my HP Pavilion m1-u000 x360 Convertible PC Laptop. How do I fix that...
  9. Windows cannot install required files

Windows cannot install required files: I'm trying to do a fresh install on an laptop that previously had Windows 10. The SSD has been formatted, and I used the official installation media creation tool. I get as far as "Getting files ready for installation" to about 50%, before I get the error "Windows cannot...
  10. Windows cannot install required files.

Windows cannot install required files.: I have a Acer Aspire which is bought 5 years back.It was running windows 7 ultimate x64 and has 2 gb ram and 500 gb hdd and intel pentium.Three monts back,there was an unexpected shutdown and when started it again,it shows an error and says that 1.Try installing media using...