Windows 10: Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

Discus and support Are there custom themes for File Explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing. So is it possible to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NZ9_001, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing.

So is it possible to find custom themes/skins only for the file explorer? Are there custom themes for File Explorer? :)

submitted by /u/NZ9_001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NZ9_001, Jun 8, 2020

2. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

Hi Betsy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern related to changing the File Explorer theme from Dark to Light.

You can follow the suggestions mentioned below to change the theme to Light.

1. Press Windows + I keys together to open
      Settings.
    2. Now click on Personalization
    3. At the left hand pane select Colors
    4. Now on the right hand side under Choose your color select the drop down to
      Light

If you have any further queries, please do let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Picture in custom theme disappeared

Unfortunately, I have already tried this. My custom theme (as is true of all the custom themes on my computer), does not have any associated folder. The folders appear to only be listed for actual Microsoft themes.

AgentOrange55, Jun 8, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

Customizing Themes

Yes you can create your own themes if that is what you are asking.

We do this at our office for our corp image. Create a theme and desktop image then capture that image and reuse it.

See link on step by step on how to do this.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-custom-th...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

1. Are there custom themes for File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Are custom themes

2. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  3. File Explorer, changing theme

File Explorer, changing theme: I want to change a theme to light one in the File Explorer. Currently I have black background and while text on it. Can I change it to the white background with black text on it?...
  4. Theme customization

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theme customization: I tried to customize windows in terms of background and text. In order to do that, I had to select high contrast setting and then do whatever I want. It did worked pretty fine, BUT, Excel's background turned black on its own and I have a huge lists with differently colored...
  5. Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the Theme for File Explorer to Light Theme: I am in WIndows 10 latest update. My Windows File Explorer screen background is black with white text. How can I change it to white background with black text? ***Original title: Windows File Explorer***...
  6. A problem with customized theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A problem with customized theme: Hi guys Days ago my laptop ran out of battery and went to hibernate and I turned it on again without recharged it ,After a less than 5 minutes suddenly it shutdown itself and when I turned it on after I recharged it stuck on login screen, every times I enter my password it...
  7. Dark Theme for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark Theme for File Explorer?: Hi, I've noticed that my version of Windows 10 supports a Dark Theme which I've selected, but that File Explorer continues to be bright white. Is there some way I can change this so that it's dark as well? My OS information: Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 1803 Installed...
  8. Dark Theme for File Explorer.

Dark Theme for File Explorer.: I waited exactly 9 years since Windows 7 released for Dark Theme to be used on the File Explorer and i feel hyped about Dark Theme can be used when you update your windows to version 1803 few weeks ago when i read it on article. My friend already got their File Explorer...
  9. Custom Themes

Custom Themes: So,I just uninstalled a theme,now,i cant open settings,doesn't show me nothing.And when I try to open personalize it shows me this: ______________________________________________________________________ |_ms-settings:personalization-background_____________________|✖️| |...
  10. Customizing Themes

Customizing Themes: I would like to add corporate information e.g. company vision, mission, objectives etc onto some of the nice images that come with Windows 7/10 so that while the computer is ideal I can use it to communication good and useful company information. Is this allowable by MS?...