Windows 10: Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ?

Discus and support Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ham Radio apps. https://dxlabsuite.com uses Jet Engine. A "corrupt' Windows 10 has been replaced by a squeaky-clean Re-install of Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary_S_1943, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ?

Ham Radio apps. https://dxlabsuite.com uses Jet Engine.

A "corrupt' Windows 10 has been replaced by a squeaky-clean Re-install of Windows 10, including #1903 feature set.

All of the PC's software was re-installed (except for MalwareBytes). Then, Look-up tests using the Ham Radio apps. were conducted, and they were blazing fast; almost instantaneous.

Then, MalwareBytes was re-installed, and these simple Look-up tests were performed again. The response was very disappointing, taking typically 2-->4 seconds to do what had been an instantaneous Look-up.

MalwareBytes Tech. Support was very creative & supportive, and we tried several internal malware parameters. They made only a small improvement in the Look-up response time.

Got any Jet Engine consultants who might want to help out here ? Maybe the inter-operability of MalwareBytes with Jet Engine....?

Thanks,

Gary

:)

Gary_S_1943, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft: The productivity engine

Source...

Brink, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Windows Update on Jan 8, 2019 Breaks Program Using MS Jet 4.0 - WIN XP, 7, 8 and 10

Yes

Tuesday M$ released a Windows Update with a purported update for Microsoft Jet included. That broke Jet for our user base of over 250 cinemas. So if they are issuing updates for it I would suppose it is. It has worked for our customers for many years. M$
    should not just willy nilly deliberately break one of their own products just to obsolete stuff for no good reason while people are using it. They should at the very least make it work in a compatibility mode.

January 8, 2019 Windows Update:

• Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows MSXML, Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Wireless Networking, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.

Rusty Gordon, Jul 1, 2019
  4. vbahl2003 Win User

Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ?

Cannot Change Default Search Engine tyo Google in Microsoft Edge

Hi,

When I am trying to change my default search engine for my Microsoft edge browser in advanced settings I am neither able to type anything or select anything and add is disabled as well can anybody suggest how to fix this please. as per the notes mentioned
    for changing the default browser engine, the second step mentioned here below I am not able to perform as there is nothing enabled to either select or type the engine's website.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select
      View advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, select
      Change.
    • Select your search engine's website and then select Set as default. If you don't select the search engine, the
      Set as default button will be grayed out.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Vikas Bahl

vbahl2003, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ?

1. Are there experts here on the Microsoft Jet Engine product ? - Similar Threads - Are experts here

2. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file *Name* it is already opened...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file *Name* it is already opened...: When setting up a new computer to access the folder/program everything works just fine. Upon the first restart of any of the desktops in use it won't have access to the server folders saying they are already in use even after more restarts. It's my first time posting here so...
  3. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file *Name* it is already opened...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file *Name* it is already opened...: When setting up a new computer to access the folder/program everything works just fine. Upon the first restart of any of the desktops in use it won't have access to the server folders saying they are already in use even after more restarts. It's my first time posting here so...
  4. The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file *Name* it is already opened...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Software involving Microsoft JET Database Engine Microsoft Access 2007 and older or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software involving Microsoft JET Database Engine Microsoft Access 2007 and older or...: I'm using a software ArcGIS to deal with geospatial data. However, I got an error named "Error: Failed to connect to database. General function failure Unexpected error from external database driver". To be more specific, I think there is a connectivity problem with my excel...
  6. Software involving Microsoft JET Database Engine Microsoft Access 2007 and older or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software involving Microsoft JET Database Engine Microsoft Access 2007 and older or...: I'm using a software ArcGIS to deal with geospatial data. However, I got an error named "Error: Failed to connect to database. General function failure Unexpected error from external database driver". To be more specific, I think there is a connectivity problem with my excel...
  7. Technical query to experts as I'm curious here

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Technical query to experts as I'm curious here: Hi folks Messing around with DVD's (standard - not Blu Rays) and trying various ripping programs why is a "Bog standard" DVD file so large -- often around 8GB for an approx 2 Hour movie. Using various "rippers" I can get quality both audio and video where you'd almost need a...
  8. Is ANYONE on here a Computer HACKING EXPERT??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is ANYONE on here a Computer HACKING EXPERT??: I am having a Major Hacking Problem, I've got a Good Anti-Virus and Firewall Program Installed and someone in the World is Hacking several "Files" into My Computer Over and Over and Over again each time I am on my Century Link Network in Denver, Colorado and I've changed my...
  9. CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU jumps to 100 and fans sound like jet engines: I purchased this laptop off of Amazon, "Dell Inspiron i5577-7342BLK-PUS,15.6" Gaming Laptop, (Intel Core i7,16GB,512GB SSD),NVIDIA GTX 1050." http://a.co/cAI7fCE I've noticed that the cpu randomly jumps to 100 and the fans start blowing like crazy over simple tasks like...
  10. Microsoft: The productivity engine

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: The productivity engine: Words matter. They define, they shape, they influence, they have power. But most importantly, they evolve as our understanding of them and the world evolves. And so it is with the word “productivity.” In the world of technology, the word productivity has often been...