Windows 10: Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78?

Discus and support Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all - I upgraded to Thunderbird 78 today and it went smoothly, except that the mail folders are very spartan (no yellow color) and the composition... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Compumind, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78?

Hi all -

I upgraded to Thunderbird 78 today and it went smoothly, except that the mail folders are very spartan (no yellow color) and the composition (and message panes) are dark grey with white lettering.
    Now, I also had changed some color settings in Personaliztion under W10 so that everything looks nice on my desktop but Thunderbird 78 seems to have broken.

Does anyone else see these two peculiarities?

TIA

*Rolleyes

:)

Compumind, Jul 17, 2020
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

3. rick22 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Jul 17, 2020
  4. pbmaster Win User

Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Are there some strange display problems with Thunderbird 78? - Similar Threads - Are strange display

2. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  3. Strange display problems on secondary monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange display problems on secondary monitor.: Hi, I'm currently running on dual displays with Windows 11, lately, I've been realizing this strange display issue with my secondary monitor. Both the displays are identical, but somehow the secondary display seems it misses lines of pixels. For example, when I try to read...
  4. Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78

in Browsers and Email
    Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78: I know this question should be asked in a Mozilla forum some where be I have not been able to find a place to ask a question on any on them regarding TBird. There must be a way to permanently increase the font size in a message window and throughout TBird. Does anyone know...
  5. Are there some display problems with the Thunderbird 78 email client?

in Browsers and Email
    Are there some display problems with the Thunderbird 78 email client?: Hi all - I upgraded to Thunderbird 78 today and it went smoothly, except that the mail folders are very spartan (no yellow color) and the composition (and message panes) are dark grey with white lettering. Now, I also had changed some color settings in Personaliztion under...
  6. Thunderbird Profile problems

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Profile problems: Windows v 1903 I have been running Windows 10 for about 3 months now. And in that time I have used Thunderbird for Email. Now, suddenly, it demands that I set up a Profile. But it won't let me set one up. There is no way I can produce a new profile or get one to "stick" in...
  7. Problems with Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Thunderbird: Windows v 1903 I am experiencing problems with Mozilla Thunderbird dropping folders and now the Address Book. So I have copied the latest T'Bird Folder to a USB stick and will do that at least once a week. Will this ensure that I will be able to re-store all folders and...
  8. Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI: Client of mine use Omni Accounts for POS system and Thundebird for Mail. On 2 new PC's when e-mailing from Omni it does not interact with Thunderbird. Windows 10 Home 64-bit Thunderbird set as default account. Have installed .Net framework 2 and C+ Redustributable. MAPI...
  9. Strange text in some system displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange text in some system displays: I have just noticed that in a few displays I have strange text/fonts being used. See pictures; [ATTACH] and; [ATTACH] I haven't checked every page for this error. It doesn't seem to appear in applications themselves. I have reset the font, language and restarted the...
  10. Thunderbird Add-on Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Add-on Problem: I have a Dell E5500 laptop that hasn't been used for a few months. I went into Thunderbird and noticed that my Theme Font and Size Changer add-on wasn't working. I reinstalled the add-on and updated Thunderbird to version 52.3.0 and the add-on to version 55.1.These are the...