Windows 10: Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?

Discus and support Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID. But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TF_950, Sep 3, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?

In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID.

But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an Administor named "Desktop-XXXXXX", where the X's are unique numbers and alpha characters that came with my fairly new Dell Windows 10 Home PC.

So are there now two types of Administrators? This would be news to me, but....

If there are now two admins per PC, how and why did this come about?

How I came become both types on my home local network PC?

Editorial comment: The more MS tries to integrate everything and pull me in, the more I feel big brothered, and want to stay out as much as possible.

:)

TF_950, Sep 3, 2020

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 3, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?

Windows 10 Administrator id - User Accounts and Logon Screen

Thank you for giving us an update about your concern.

To answer you query about the administrator id created by the Answer Desk, follow the steps below to hide it on the locks screen of the computer:

• Search for cmd, right-click on in and then select Run as administrator.
    • Type net user "name of account" /active:no
    • Restart the computer.
    If you want to unhide the administrator id created by the Answer Desk, just follow the steps below and change the word from
    active:no to active:yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?

1. Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX? - Similar Threads - Are Administrators follows

2. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  3. I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two antiviruses with two different names one is Microsoft Defender and the other is...: HI I have noticed for a while now that I have two names of an antivirus on my dell laptop. Down in the bottom right I have windows security on my lower taskbar it is on.But when I go to a file on my desktop and right click on it a drop down menu shows up when I click on show...
  4. This prodect id coverd by one or more of the following patents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This prodect id coverd by one or more of the following patents: Before my laptop turn on this message Intel UNDI, PXE-2. 1 (build 083) Copyr ight (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation This Product is covered by one or more of the follouing patents: US6,570,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Series v2.64...
  5. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts: I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has been wiped since then. I have used two microsoft accounts with multiple licenses on each account. That computer appears on...
  6. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts: I have a computer that I disassembled a while ago. Still have the motherboard though. This computer had windows 10 installed on a hard drive that has been wiped since then. I have used two microsoft accounts with multiple licenses on each account. That computer appears on...
  7. The Same Desktop ID appears on Two Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...: In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID. But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an Administor named "Desktop-XXXXXX", where the X's are a presumably unique combination of numbers and alpha characters that came...
  9. Two administrators, only want one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two administrators, only want one: I deleted the Windows.old folder and ever since when I log in my login page has an added administrator account along with my normal login/administrator. Can I just delete the new administrator and move on, or is this a deeper problem? Thanks 142361
  10. Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error: Hello, After Fall Creators update I'm seeing 1 error and 1 warning in the Event Viewer which I'm not able to resolve. Event ID 1 The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to...