Windows 10: Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...

Discus and support Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID. But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TF_950, Sep 3, 2020.

1. TF_950 Win User

Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...

In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID.

But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an Administor named "Desktop-XXXXXX", where the X's are a presumably unique combination of numbers and alpha characters that came with my fairly new Dell Windows 10 Home PC.

So are there now two types of Administrators? This would be news to me, but....

If there are now two admins per PC, how and why did this come about?

How can I become both types of administrator on my home local network PC?

Editorial comment: The more MS tries to integrate everything and pull me in, the more I feel big brothered, and want to stay out as much as possible.

:)

TF_950, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Louie002 Win User

Change administrator name in Windows 10

To change the administrator name on windows 10, simply follows these steps;

1. search control panel at the bottom of your screen and open it.

2. Click "User Accounts"

3. Repeat step 2

4. Click "change your account name"

Louie002, Sep 3, 2020
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...

ID or user name modify

Hi Will,

You can easily change your Microsoft Account Username by following the steps below:

• Open the Start Menu.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Your Account.
    You will now see the Manage my Microsoft account link. Click on it to be routed to your Microsoft account home page. You may be asked to log in again.

Under Hello, there should be an "Edit name" against your current profile name:

• Click "Edit name".
    • Write the new name you want.
    • Click Save.
    Note: This will be the same name that will be used when you send emails using this new ID. And when you restart your computer, your new name will be displayed.

IMPORTANT: Changing your Microsoft Account username is not the same as changing your Microsoft Account name. The latter is not possible. Changing the account name would mean creating a new account.

Let us know how these turned out for you.

Joanna 777, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2...

1. Are there two Administrators for one PC, named as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2... - Similar Threads - Are Administrators named

2. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  3. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    name of administrator: i need change name of user but i dont have local users and groups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/name-of-administrator/aebf3e3a-d717-4743-8eea-aa7024605f31
  4. name of administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with two names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with two names: Hello, I got the problem with the Microsoft account. I have one name in Microsoft account on web site and other on Accounts option in Settings. I don't know but doesn't both names should be same because they are both connected with one email. If you didn't understand me here...
  6. A USB with two names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A USB with two names: I'm not sure how it happened by I'd like to get rid of the two names of the 'Black USB' and create one. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-usb-with-two-names/8b126415-3222-4eac-8e45-5586d6dcb8f8
  7. Administrator account named "Administrator"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator account named "Administrator": I have a administrator account named Administrator How do I delete it the remove account option is missing and I only have change password option I have my own administrator account under my own name however I cannot delete the admin account named administrator....
  8. Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Are there two Administrators for one PC, as follows: 1 Microsoft ID Name, and 2 Desktop-XXXXXX?: In User Accounts, I am the Administrator, as named with my Microsoft ID. But when I tried to access a System file, I am blocked because I am not an Administor named "Desktop-XXXXXX", where the X's are unique numbers and alpha characters that came with my fairly new Dell...
  9. administrator name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    administrator name: Hi I’m new to windows how can I change the administrator name ? (It’s not linked to a microsoft account) submitted by /u/a555111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hosgcv/administrator_name/
  10. Two sign-in names?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two sign-in names?: I just bought a new desktop computer and at start up it comes up with 2 of my names??? How do I delete one of these sign-in identities???? I'm fairly certain I didn't create another......