Windows 10: Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"?

Discus and support Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After long hesitation we decided to "upgrade" one of our two computers with Windows 7. Thanks to an experienced PC expert, our concern that expensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Pescatori, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Pescatori Win User

Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"?

After long hesitation we decided to "upgrade" one of our two computers with Windows 7. Thanks to an experienced PC expert, our concern that expensive programs would no longer run under Windows 10 turned out to be unfounded.

But now we have to conclude that the "upgrade" was a "disarmament" - which we unfortunately cannot welcome in the case of computers.

We wanted to play a DVD in its original packaging and received this message under Windows10:

With further clicking around we read the following:

However, we were able to watch the DVD "with illegal serial number" as usual on Windows 7 (but with a small screen).

By the way, is this kind of rip-off actually legal?

The second surprise came when I wanted to exchange data between the PC and my smartphone as usual via a USB cable. The Smartphone is no longer recognized under Windows 10 this way.

But I can allegedly - by revealing my data - set up wireless communication between the devices. But in the end I could not and did not want to do that anymore.

Hence the question to experienced media users:

Is it possible to use windows10 like windows7 without data disclosure and without costs for additional apps?

:)

Pescatori, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Paulieg Win User

Looking for a user friendly OS

i'm looking for a user friendly OS alternative to windows to try. I've never used anything except for windows. I'd like something that I can dual boot with and that has good stable drivers for video cards etc. Suggestions?

Paulieg, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Looking for a user friendly OS

A mac.

Or Ubuntu.

Dippyskoodlez, Jul 29, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

NEC Display Solutions Adds Eco-Friendly Desktop Display to AccuSync Series

NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announces today the 17-inch AS171 to the AccuSync Series, replacing the popular ASLCD73VX-BK display. Joining the recently introduced 19-inch AS191, AS191WM and 22-inch AS221WM, this standard-aspect ratio display is designed for small-to-medium-sized businesses and continues to promote environmental consciousness, a standard in the AccuSync Series.

The energy-efficient 17-inch AS171 display consumes 21% less power than its predecessor. It shares the certifications of its AccuSync siblings, an EPEAT Silver rating, and ENERGY STAR 5.0 and TCO 5.0 compliance, giving users confidence that these displays are environmentally preferable purchases. The monitor's 2-step ECO Mode technology allows users to maneuver between two energy-savings modes, while its ergonomic tilt function brings users flexibility and enhanced comfort.

Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"? 16a_thm.jpg

Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"? 16b_thm.jpg

"The 17-inch AS171 display brings variety and value to AccuSync Series users," said Lynn Gu, Product Manager for NEC Display Solutions. "We continuously see a strong demand for the 17-inch standard aspect ratio from enterprise and small-to-medium business sectors, and our goal with this display is to offer improved green technology, energy efficiency and eco-friendly features."

A partial list of the AS171 features includes:
    • 1280 x 1024 native resolution
    • VGA and DVI connectivity
    • 900:1 contrast ratio
    • 5ms fast response time
    • Tilt adjustability
    • Consumes 21% less power than its predecessor
    • 50% less mercury content than its predecessor
    • Two-step ECO Mode for significant power consumption savings
    • Carbon footprint meter for tracking of carbon savings
    • EPEAT Silver rating
    • ENERGY STAR 5.0 compliance
    • TCO 5.0 compliance
    The AS171 will begin shipping in February 2010 with an estimated street price of $159 and ships with a standard three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight.

btarunr, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Are there user-friendly solutions to eliminate "Windows 10 trouble"? - Similar Threads - Are user friendly

2. Friend is having trouble with file installation?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is having trouble with file installation?: I left click on Minecraft Forge installer but it opens a internet explorer window, not a installer. (The Forge installer is also a internet explorer icon, I tried to reinstall the Forge installer but the problem continues) If you have any questions to solve my problem please...
  3. Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft prepares new solution for troubled Windows 10 updates: Buggy Windows 10 update process isn’t quite a new thing, and users have been complaining about problems for a few years already. The major bugs could be reported again when the next feature update is released to the public, but Microsoft is mulling a new AI/ML strategy that...
  4. Windows 10-- A very Complex and Non user-friendly interface.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10-- A very Complex and Non user-friendly interface.: 1.Will there be a good version of windows apart from windows 10 this season? 2.I have used windows xp,7,10 but windows xp was indeed more userfriendly. Can there be a better version of windows in 2021? 3. Can Microsoft give a very userfriendly, and highly secure version...
  5. Trouble eliminating login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Trouble eliminating login: I have a new PC that's used for controlling a milling machine and nothing else. It's not connected to any network, though it was when I was setting it up elsewhere in my house; there's no network access in the garage where it is now. I'm tired of having to always enter a PIN...
  6. When will Windows 10 be replaced with an OS that is actually user-friendly?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When will Windows 10 be replaced with an OS that is actually user-friendly?: Apparently, my PC won't run Windows 7 due to hardware conflicts so I'm stuck with the second worse OS ever designed (after Vista, of course). Does anybody know if there's a replacement lined up at all? It'll probably end up worse than 10 but, as things stand, this pos os...
  7. wind 10 photoviewer is not user friendly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wind 10 photoviewer is not user friendly: i import photos for tax purposes. i dont need to edit or look at them, i just want to import to a file. windows photoviewer doesnt seem to allow the creation of new files. at least not easily and intuitively! I downloaded to faststone to use instead and even though it is...
  8. Microsoft is a not user friendly!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft is a not user friendly!: I just downloaded Office 2016 for my iMac. I realize that Steve and Bill didn't always agree, but it would be super helpful if the download/install instructions actually explained how to access services that have been purchased so WE CAN USE THEM. I am relatively tech...
  9. Is this forum user friendly??????????

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this forum user friendly??????????: Hi, I am a new member and yesterday I made my first post. 1) It was supposed to be posted in "Installation & Maintenance" but for some reason found it's way into "Performance & Maintenance" ?????????? LOOK FOR: Windows 10-1803 "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction" 2)...
  10. Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is CryptoPrevent 8 user friendly?: I didn't get around to updating to version 8 as this program is easy to forget you have... Now I have reinstalled Windows I will probably reinstall it. I recall someone saying version 8 was not so user friendly as the old version, is that true? Is it still a good additional...