Windows 10: Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10

Discus and support Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just been going through my contacts in connection with an outlook.com problem and I've found some strange contact names there that I don't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10

I've just been going through my contacts in connection with an outlook.com problem and I've found some strange contact names there that I don't recognise nor do I remember putting them there. Here's an example (which I've modified of course):

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I believe the .tr indicates turkey but I've no contacts there.

PS If I haven't used the correct topics/sub-topics etc, would a Moderators please move this? TIA

:)

Taffy087, Mar 21, 2019
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, Mar 21, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10

WP 8 not recognizing contact names from contact list

LarryFranke, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10

1. Are there viruses or malware that create names in your contact lists. Window 10 - Similar Threads - Are viruses malware

2. I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...: Can anyone help me with a Yahoo email problem. One of my contacts will not let itself be added to a particular contact list. All other contacts successfully added. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 if that makes any difference....
  3. I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...: Can anyone help me with a Yahoo email problem. One of my contacts will not let itself be added to a particular contact list. All other contacts successfully added. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 if that makes any difference....
  4. Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts

Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts: I have 3 Gmail accounts me, my wife & my son in my Mail & Calendar as well as People app. My people app never shows correct account name in filter contact list as well as as when we edit / add a new contact we cant understand which account to save with. I always shows Gmail,...
  5. Contact List Windows

Contact List Windows: How can i remove deceased contacts and unwanted contacts from Windows 10 mail contact list ? Mail contact list shows all contacts, allows the ability to remove duplicates, add or correct contacts, Cannot or will not let you Delete a Contact Very sad and annoying. Thanks...
  6. Contact List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Contact List: I found the "Windows Contact List" in the files. How can I transfer it into "Mail"? Thanks, Tom Krach https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-list/18f114bc-18f7-423f-9fc5-5d131a3eb044"
  7. How to create group mailing lists in contacts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create group mailing lists in contacts: How can I create a Group mailing list in Windows Mail Contacts ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-create-group-mailing-lists-in-contacts/59dd64ad-e686-49a8-870e-eecac12a5a4a"
  8. Contact list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contact list: I've lost m contacts list/address book from Outlook. Is there a way I can recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contact-list/fb15aa30-f47d-4fd5-9ccb-845fcfc47a7e
  9. Contacts list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Contacts list: This is a new computer and all data was supposedly transferred from old PC to this one. I can't find contacts list to send messages.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-list/b18f82bf-34a6-4448-9e96-abf2add3d04e
  10. contact list

contact list: I can't find my contacts to add more names, I have been using windows 10 before and they were there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/contact-list/4f662a64-4070-4d9e-b54d-2f2c3f8c737a