Windows 10: Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

Discus and support Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CountryTaylorSwift [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CountryTaylorSwift, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

/u/CountryTaylorSwift, Jul 15, 2020

2. All files on Downloads folder gone after updating windows defender

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to recover the deleted files in Windows Defender and check if it helps.

• In the search box type as ‘Windows Defender’ and click on it.
    • Under the tab ‘History’ select the option ‘Quarantined items’.
    • Click on ‘View Details’ and check if any files are available.
    • If the files are present then click on the file and click on ‘Restore’.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder?

1. Are these all the files that should be in the Windows Defender folder? - Similar Threads - Are files should

2. Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!: I am using my brand new Dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 i just clean installed Windows 11 Pro 22H2 then I installed all latest Windows Updates installed and all latest drivers installed still I still getting Microsoft Defender still crashing!!! Last time I had submitted in...
  3. Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender SHOULD NOT CRASH AT ALL!!!!!!!: I am using my brand new Dell Inspiron 14 7420 2-in-1 i just clean installed Windows 11 Pro 22H2 then I installed all latest Windows Updates installed and all latest drivers installed still I still getting Microsoft Defender still crashing!!! Last time I had submitted in...
  4. How Should The Windows Defender Be?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Should The Windows Defender Be?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,How should the Windows Defender react to a dangerous downloaded file or program?,because in my case the dangerous downloaded file/s wasn't fully detected or simply just fully allowed to go in and once installed after not seeing any warning popups...
  5. Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...

Windows Defender gets crazy, warning and deleting all my files. What should I do? Is this a...: Recently after I upgraded to windows 2004 for several days, Windows Defender become annoying and really crazy. In the beginning, WD prevented me from running Cheat Engine. I thought that, maybe microsoft hates cheating in the game, so I gave up the idea of using it. After...
  6. All files/folders not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files/folders not visible: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder, it shows me...
  7. ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ALL FILES AND FOLDERS DELETED: All my files and folders have been deleted on my PC and whenever I save a document, it gets deleted when I switch off the PC. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-and-folders-deleted/c18ae88f-af6d-4b28-a521-0f1168f0f6de"
  8. What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...

What is this folder previously reported by Windows Defender? Should I leave it there or...: Hello, Some weeks ago, Windows Defender on my Windows 10 PC reported a threat as shown in the below screenshot. Now, on my PC, there remains the folder: C:\Program Files x86\ASK, in which there is a file named "480707101.exe.config". I googled but couldn't find anything...
  9. Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.: Hi, Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender. Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window. I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender. Is this a bug? OS:...
  10. Windows Defender not updating as often as it should?

Windows Defender not updating as often as it should?: I have two Windows 10 Pro computers, one a desktop and the other a laptop. The desktop computer works well, Windows Defender updates its virus definitions about when I log on in the morning, so always updated for the day. And this is automatic, I don't have to go to Windows...