Windows 10: Are these files Malware?

Discus and support Are these files Malware? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmberAdams144, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Are these files Malware?

I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up sometimes. The secone is CR_0EDE.tmp. They don't automa tically delete when I check all the files in the temp folder indicating I want to delete them. So, I need to know what they are for and is it ok to delete them. I have regularly cleaned my temp, %temp%, and prefetch folders clean on the advise of a MS technical support technician, and in doing so in the past, I could easily recognize files I could not delete even with administrator ability like ones associated with the Click to Run Service. These files are new to me and have recenlty been showing up when I clean these 3 file folders through windows explorer. Therefore I wonder if they could be a virus or malware or if they are legitimate windows/microsoft files.

:)

AmberAdams144, Feb 21, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Boatvan Win User

Are these files Malware?

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Are these files Malware?

1. Are these files Malware? - Similar Threads - Are files Malware

2. bitdefender advised this file is malware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitdefender advised this file is malware...: So bitdefender completed scan and said this file was malware - is this correct? Intel\SUR\QUEENCREEK\intermediate_data\u-000015.db-journal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitdefender-advised-this-file-is-malware/855d825a-238e-4691-bd15-5e085f95509d
  3. bitdefender advised this file is malware...

in Windows 10 Customization
    bitdefender advised this file is malware...: So bitdefender completed scan and said this file was malware - is this correct? Intel\SUR\QUEENCREEK\intermediate_data\u-000015.db-journal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitdefender-advised-this-file-is-malware/855d825a-238e-4691-bd15-5e085f95509d
  4. Malware Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware Files?: Update to my other post. It got worse. Error Broker and Kernel Broker keeps reinstalling, I cant access any browsers or applications except the ones with auto startup. It says I do not have permission to open them. Files Explorer too, after some time, I get a window popup...
  5. Is this file a malware virus ... ???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this file a malware virus ... ???: Hi, I just see this stranger file called NULL without any file extension I try to delete but always go backalso try to delete de main folder but can't do thatI did the scan with MSERT and nothing detected,also I try to remove this file and the folder from SAFE MODE Windows...
  6. Are files with $WINDOWS. Virus or Malware?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are files with $WINDOWS. Virus or Malware?: Dear Experts, Recently, with activities of windows updates and repair microsoft 365 programme, my pc has difficulty in start-up, with numerous attempts to on and off start button. I use anti-virus to run full scan and discover many files with $WINDOWS. Are these...
  7. Remove malware and recover files

Remove malware and recover files: My all files encrypted to .CODNAT extension and .DOTMAP extention( I'm want my files back) please help me out for this regards..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-malware-and-recover-files/c91c1596-cc06-4444-95e1-96ffd1e89773
  8. Malware or legit file

Malware or legit file: Is this a real windows file? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-or-legit-file/97333b49-73be-4ebd-ad21-cd47aea47253"
  9. tmp file malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    tmp file malware: I believe my new laptop has been attacked and is now affected by a file named tmp file. How do I remove this tmp malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/tmp-file-malware/31b58fd1-b852-41c9-911f-5d28e92e6472
  10. Is this a genuine file or malware ?

Is this a genuine file or malware ?: Hi, I noticed that my processor was working at 100% all the time. When i looked to see what was using al of the processor i found a process running named: g67b0.tmp.exe Google came with no results for this so i wondered if it is malware ? I closed the process and the...