Windows 10: Are these offers really legitimate?

Discus and support Are these offers really legitimate? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Just joined Tenforums but have been a member of Sevenforums for a while. I have an old copy of Office 2000 which I managed to install... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Gwaihir, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Gwaihir Win User

Are these offers really legitimate?

Hi Folks, Just joined Tenforums but have been a member of Sevenforums for a while.

I have an old copy of Office 2000 which I managed to install successfully under W7 but when I tried to install it on my new laptop running W10 Home I got multiple errors during the install and it wouldn't launch.

Consequently I started looking at buying a newer version but Microsoft prices are just ridiculous. However I did find a couple of UK sites offering downloads of what they claim to be genuine retail versions of Office 2016 with a lifetime licence at very low prices - around £40 - £50.

I'm very suspicious of this, it looks too good to be true and I'd be interested to hear member's views on the legitimacy of it.

:)

Gwaihir, Feb 20, 2019

2. How to disable fake surveys offerring "discounted" offers as prizes

Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:30 PM

To: 'Microsoft Community'

Subject: RE: Question has reply: how to disable fake surveys offering "discounted" offers as prizes

Thank you for your reply.

I am still lost but here goes:

• Only known “change” was starting to use Edge browser (which came with new Asus in May) in addition to Firefox. No earlier problem with new or old PC prior to late June.

• New PC came with Kaspersky with which I am uncertain after the contract period.

• Ads appear when opening email messages ( which are genuine) and must be deleted before continuing with the email. Sites are those I have visited for years.

• Below are samples of the ads and where possible their urls

• Only steps taken are to seek help and direct profanity toward whomever sends this trash

Any suggestions welcomed and thank you,

John Shiels

JOHNSHIELS, Feb 20, 2019
  3. DCnewbie Win User
    Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Are these offers really legitimate?

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Are these offers really legitimate?

1. Are these offers really legitimate? - Similar Threads - Are offers really

2. legitimate company or a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    legitimate company or a scam?: My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?...
  3. Facial recognition "offer"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facial recognition "offer"?: How do I get the new photos facial enabling "offer" to STOP offering after I've declined? Every time I open the photo folder, it pops up again and no matter how often I decline it, it appears and won't let me go to my blasted photos??? Is anyone else being badgered by this...
  4. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  5. Legitimate email?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Legitimate email?: Today, I received an email saying "Thanks for ordering Defender Firewall" and a bill for $499.99. It gave me the telephone # (888) 619-9555 to call if I wnted to cancel this order. Is this legitimate? I don't recall ordering this!!!...
  6. Using pirate copy with legitimate key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using pirate copy with legitimate key.: I have purchased a Lenovo thinkpad with a preinstalled win10, (and paid extra for the PRO version). Though now I reallize this is a horrible version. I'll skip the parts like that the control panel items are just illogically placed and impossible to find. The worst part is...
  7. Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsun PM830 SSD really,really slow: Installed on an HP6910p laptop. BIOS SATA mode is set to native (which should activate AHCI). Samsung Magician Identifies it as a PM830 but says "not supported" reporting the serial number as S0TYNYABC21199? And it says AHCI is not active? Samsung Magician benchmark...
  8. It is really a mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    It is really a mess: Hi. I tried to clone my hdd to my ssd and the screen went black on my laptop. Now I have no ssd or hdd listed in the bios. What does that mean? I have a Acer Aspire E17. Is it broken? Any help will be appreciated. 97400
  9. Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Legitimate way to upgrade 10 pro to enterpise: I was sure there must have been some discussion of upgrading pro to enterprise but my searches have not revealed a specific discussion. Is there a legal and microsoft recognized way to upgrade a win 10 pro to enterprise. It appears not to be in my googling... but I would...
  10. Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really

in Windows 10 News
    Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really: Clarified: the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 is ending July 29th, really Microsoft has responded to speculation that Microsoft left itself some wiggle room Yesterday, we reported on speculation that Microsoft may have been hedging on its decision to end the free...