Windows 10: Are these programs malware?

Discus and support Are these programs malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed an app which also installed a bunch of sketchy software, most of which I removed. However, there is one very suspicious program constantly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IsaacKrementsov, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Are these programs malware?

I installed an app which also installed a bunch of sketchy software, most of which I removed. However, there is one very suspicious program constantly running in the background, which seems to be opening Yahoo search every time I do a Google search (this stops when I close the process in Task Manager). I went to Windows Defender and found that it blocked the scanning of certain files.

Are these programs malware? [​IMG]

Are these programs malware? 92347686-e9a3-4a5a-aca0-5cf9f79a43da?upload=true.png

Before I try to do this myself, how should I go about removing this? To be sure, is it a virus? Will my computer be damaged if I get rid of it?

:)

IsaacKrementsov, Dec 9, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Dec 9, 2018
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 9, 2018
  4. simrick Win User

Are these programs malware?

Repair/Malware program

Hard to say without more detail, but that could be a sign of problems. I suggest you follow my steps in post #11, to get your system in tip top shape.

The program you are referring to should be ignored. Ccleaner is the ONLY program I would EVER run on a registry, ever.

simrick, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

Are these programs malware?

1. Are these programs malware? - Similar Threads - Are programs malware

2. EaseUS malware in Programs 86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EaseUS malware in Programs 86 folder: Could not uninstal. Had to delete all files manually but some are impossible to get rid of. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easeus-malware-in-programs-86-folder/622e6a6b-d078-4e72-ad0f-4abaa9efc4cc
  3. EaseUS malware in Programs 86 folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EaseUS malware in Programs 86 folder: Could not uninstal. Had to delete all files manually but some are impossible to get rid of. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easeus-malware-in-programs-86-folder/622e6a6b-d078-4e72-ad0f-4abaa9efc4cc
  4. Malware blocked and unable to run a program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware blocked and unable to run a program: HI all, hopefully someone can offer advice on this.Ever since my security software, Bullguard, notified me that it had blocked an infected object named "64barsvc.exe, my system will not allow me to run a poker software program. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix...
  5. Malware is "open in another program"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Malware is "open in another program": So recently I've experienced some internet problems on my PC. Sometimes my ping will fluctuate between 50 and 500ms back and forth while playing games, and my PC also seems to overload my router and completely shut it off for about 15 minutes, I'm usually able to connect...
  6. Torrent programs are not malware!

Torrent programs are not malware!: I try to keep up on upcoming changes to windows and this one I just read about is disconcerting to say the least. Microsoft has unilaterally decided that torrent programs are categorically malicious. This is false. What's worse is that anyone who chooses to use a...
  7. malware removal programs

malware removal programs: I have a malware problem, and I would like opinions of the following malware removeral programs. 1/ Malwarebytes, 2/ HitmanPro, and 3/ Zemana Anti Malware Portable. Any info is appreciated. barney31...
  8. Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program

Malware Problem and Can't Install Anti-Malware Program: Dears, i seem to have m a l w a r e on my laptop. i have runned windows defender full scan, offline scan and as extra norton anti-virus. Doens't finds anything. After that i tried looking for a anti m a l w a r e program but the moment i use m a l w a r e as 1 word in...
  9. What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?: I'd like to know what's the best program to check for malware on my PC? 110997
  10. Repair/Malware program

Repair/Malware program: What is a good repair/malware program to install? It can be free or purchased, as long as it does the job properly. 62097