Windows 10: Are these safe to delete?

Discus and support Are these safe to delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AngieSinnwell, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Are these safe to delete?

Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case.

:)

AngieSinnwell, Jan 14, 2022

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 14, 2022
  3. thraxed Win User
    PhysX drivers (Safe to delete?)

There a couple of games that will not work w/o physx installed, otherwise its safe to delete.

thraxed, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Are these safe to delete?

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Are these safe to delete?

1. Are these safe to delete? - Similar Threads - Are safe delete

2. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  3. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to delete .?: Hi I need help to free up some of my SSD storage because I only have 200-300 MB of space left on my hard drive, so please suggest what I should do before it crashes. Is it safe to delete . if it doesn’t contain any of my personal documents? I want to clarify that I haven’t...
  4. Is it safe to delete .?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is it safe to delete these?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete these?: I have an external hard drive with 1.81TB of storage on it but now it's down to 139GB so I went to check what was taking it up and found a load of files taking up almost 1.3TB of storage called "E/assembly". Inside of this are folders called "NativeImagesv...."then a load of...
  6. is it safe to delete these?

is it safe to delete these?: I have an external hard drive with 1.81TB of storage on it but now it's down to 139GB so I went to check what was taking it up and found a load of files taking up almost 1.3TB of storage called "E/assembly". Inside of this are folders called "NativeImagesv...."then a load of...
  7. Are these safe to delete?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  8. Are these safe to delete?

Are these safe to delete?: Hello there. I found a folder in my Appdata\Local folder called "CrashDumps" that's taking up a good bit of space. I've heard these kinds of files are safe to delete, but I want to be sure just in case....
  9. is it safe to delete these

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it safe to delete these: I asked a similar question yesterday i learned of mroe folder i could delete but again i need an expert input. can I delete all these all these folders as well?[ATTACH]...
  10. Safe To Delete?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Safe To Delete?: The root directory of my C drive contains stuff that seems like garbage to me. 1. $SysReset: Contains an empty Logs folder. Haven't done any kind of reset/refresh--don't even know what that means. 2. Driver_allOS: Contains a folder called Audio. This contains lots of...