Windows 10: Are these services necessary?

Discus and support Are these services necessary? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Sep 7, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Are these services necessary?

After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties.

UserDataSvc_43ced
    UnistoreSvc_43ced
    WpnUserService_43ced
    PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced

:)

debgram, Sep 7, 2016

2. Which services are these?

Hi,

You are on the right track in that those are part of an Insider Build. Each build

will usually have different designations for those being developed.

To see what they do just Open Services and double click on one at a time.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 7, 2016
  3. It'sATrap Win User
    Which services are these?

Thanks for the quick reply!

It'sATrap, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I wouldn't mess with Microsoft services unless you really know what you are doing. I have those services with a different suffix. See Windows 10 Service Defaults for details as shown below.

UserDataSvc_43ced - Provides apps access to structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.

UnistoreSvc_43ced - Handles storage of structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.

WpnUserService_43ced - This service hosts Windows notification platform which provides support for local and push notifications. Supported notifications are tile, toast and raw.

PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced - Indexes contact data for fast contact searching. If you stop or disable this service, contacts might be missing from your search results.

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Are these services necessary? - Similar Threads - Are services necessary

2. is java necessary for my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is java necessary for my laptop: is java necessary for my laptop to function properly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-java-necessary-for-my-laptop/18e900a8-a109-4cd8-b5b3-a02c1f238824"
  3. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...
  4. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...
  5. Slipstreaming still necessary?

Slipstreaming still necessary?: Hello folks, I am on the way of a new era of using SSD. My evo 860 just arrived. I do not want to go through the installation of 100s of updates so was considering slipstreaming updates in the installation media. Going through older threads here makes me feel that ISO...
  6. Is it necessary to backup the registry?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is it necessary to backup the registry?: When I used Windows 7, I used a program called RegBak to backup the registry. You could even restore the registry with it if the system didn't boot. I also found this article, How to restore Registry from its secret backup on Windows 10, but my "secret backup" is empty. I...
  7. DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary

in Browsers and Email
    DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary: I just installed Chrome on my laptop (which I'm now using) and a friend told me I needed to defrag and do a DNS flush by writing in cmd ipconfigflushdns. Defrag is already done, but his instructions were to go to the Windows tab and search bar at the bottom to type in this...
  8. Microsoft Account necessary?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account necessary?: Hi All, I don't need to establish a Microsoft Account for privacy reasons as I'm the only user, but may I ask if I need one to receive the 1511 new WIN10 upgrade? I also tried to download a few Apps from the APP Store, and it asks for my Microsoft Account. If I click close,...
  9. Necessary to reserve Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Necessary to reserve Win 10?: I've not decided yet if I will upgrade or clean install Win 10 when it is released. If I do upgrade, I will be restoring an image I've made, before the restore. So either way, I see no need to start downloading any preliminary files, which I've read that the reservation will...
  10. Is unformated primary partition necessary

Is unformated primary partition necessary: Noticed this #2 partition, (128MB), on my lappy, is it serving any purpose? Best way to include it in the C: partition, Tx 39608