Windows 10: Are these services necessary?

Discus and support Are these services necessary? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by debgram, Sep 7, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Are these services necessary?

After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties.

UserDataSvc_43ced
    UnistoreSvc_43ced
    WpnUserService_43ced
    PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced

:)

debgram, Sep 7, 2016

2. Which services are these?

Hi,

You are on the right track in that those are part of an Insider Build. Each build

will usually have different designations for those being developed.

To see what they do just Open Services and double click on one at a time.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, Sep 7, 2016
  3. It'sATrap Win User
    Which services are these?

Thanks for the quick reply!

It'sATrap, Sep 7, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I wouldn't mess with Microsoft services unless you really know what you are doing. I have those services with a different suffix. See Windows 10 Service Defaults for details as shown below.

UserDataSvc_43ced - Provides apps access to structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.

UnistoreSvc_43ced - Handles storage of structured user data, including contact info, calendars, messages, and other content. If you stop or disable this service, apps that use this data might not work correctly.

WpnUserService_43ced - This service hosts Windows notification platform which provides support for local and push notifications. Supported notifications are tile, toast and raw.

PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced - Indexes contact data for fast contact searching. If you stop or disable this service, contacts might be missing from your search results.

Steve C, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Are these services necessary? - Similar Threads - Are services necessary

2. Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?: Please excuse the sub-topic, there was no applicable item to choose from.I saw PrintDisp.exe in my startup apps and was trying to figure out if it needed to run on boot. When I search for it in Apps & Features, it doesn't show up but it shows as running in Task Manager. Is...
  3. Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is PrintDisp.exe necessary?: Please excuse the sub-topic, there was no applicable item to choose from.I saw PrintDisp.exe in my startup apps and was trying to figure out if it needed to run on boot. When I search for it in Apps & Features, it doesn't show up but it shows as running in Task Manager. Is...
  4. Necessary apps will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Necessary apps will not open: Hello, I have a problem with my computer. My brother installed a game and I was aware that it might have a virus. He told me the game stopped responding and he restarted it. Just a few moments after logging in, there was a black screen and my mouse pointer. I went on safe...
  5. Turning necessary protocol services for simple file sharing between my pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Turning necessary protocol services for simple file sharing between my pc's: In case this is a Defender firewall issue i am reviewing all allowed apps through and found this unchecked. So what is Windows Collaboration Computer Name Registration Service?...
  6. Is it necessary or virus software?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it necessary or virus software?: My windows (version 1909) keep crashing when I launch gameloop.exe software. Is it causing trouble? pls help. submitted by /u/Joules01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f36jua/is_it_necessary_or_virus_software/
  7. are they necessary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  8. Necessary applications for Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Necessary applications for Windows: Hi, I recently formatted my PC and was wondering which necessary applications should I use to keep my PC lag free. I also thought of using open source applications for my PC. So, let me know your suggestions....
  9. Is this Process Necessary?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is this Process Necessary?: Something called "Windows Modules Installer Wor..." is running and uses a lot of memory. My system is running slow (that pesky Windows 10) so I'd like to know if I need this process. This is right after restarting and installing updates. Thanks! Joe in Orlando. I only have...
  10. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...