Windows 10: Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?

Discus and support Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Introduction that you might want to skip: So, I am thinking of setting up my own server for the fun of it. Not something like a home toy, but actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kostas0, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Kostas0 Win User

Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?

Introduction that you might want to skip:

So, I am thinking of setting up my own server for the fun of it.

Not something like a home toy, but actual server hardware, running 24/7 and serving people me being the first, but a couple of others as well.

I would normally go 100% for Linux, but there are two problems with that:

1 While I know how to use Linux from the command line, my background has been mostly on Windows. Plus, I am a MS fan boy and I would like to see the new things MS has created in action WAC, Windows Server Core, etc!

2 I already have a web app written on ASP.NET and I am really scared trying to migrate it to .NET Core. There are some serious problems that require a redesign.

So, I will have to use one VM with Windows on my hypervisor.

To the chase:

I was pretty disappointed so far, seeing that the simplest license costed $500 Essentials version - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-platform/windows-server-pricing , but then I found this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=claidy&_pppn=r1&scp=ce0

It seems that I can buy Windows Server 2019 DataCenter for.... 17 euros!

According to the seller, this is legal, and it works with Electronic Software Delivery ESD and with him buying many licenses to reduce the price.

I looked up ESD and found this:
    http://www.asbis.com/microsoft-esd

Now, I am not sure what to believe.
    For sure, I won't be buying this software for $500 from MS, because that is almost half a wage for me.

On the other hand, buying this eBay license makes me insecure because I don't understand how this work. And the possibility of being dragged into a legal conflict because I use a potentially bad license on my basement server, does not sound pretty either.

What makes me curious though, is the fact that this seller has a pretty spotless reputation on eBay.

Does anyone know anything about ESD?
    Can I buy this license without fear?

Or I would have to serve my site from a Windows 10 Home Edition? Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal? :D
    Or, even worse, Windows 7 Home maybe? Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal? :D

Isn't there any free Windows Server version for guinea-pigs that MS tests their updates on, before shipping them to real customers?

Maybe I could be a part of something like that, if I get desperate enough!

Thanks for any response in advance! :

:)

Kostas0, Mar 30, 2020

2. Is it legal to buy windows 10 pro OEM scrap pc from Ebay?

Hi

I just want to make sure if i want to buy Windows 10 pro OEM license (scarp pc ) from ebay and use it in Germany is that legal or illegal?

since it is very cheap and i know it may be deactivate after months but what i want to make sure about is this Legal to use? or illegal?

Basharbisho, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Ovidiu94 Win User
    Ovidiu94, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?

Windows 10 licensing after

Hi Kompsist

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

It is legal to come free from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. But you will have Windows not activated notice within some time as previous license is not legal. Meanwhile, I will suggest you to buy a valid license and change product key with this valid license.

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help.

Vijay_Verma, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal?

1. Are those cheap windows licenses on eBay valid/legal? - Similar Threads - Are those cheap

2. Boxed retail Windows 10 licenses on eBay

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Boxed retail Windows 10 licenses on eBay: Is this legitimate? https://www.ebay.com/itm/193358790169 What about used copies? My understanding is that retail versions are allowed to be resold....
  3. License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay

License expiring on a laptop bought on ebay: Hi all, I bought a 'opened but never used' laptop on ebay, advertised as having genuine windows 10 pro. After about a couple of months use at home I started getting the license will expire message. The option I have is to change product key and its saying its activated...
  4. Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?

Is it legal to sell a Windows 10 digital license?: So, today I decided to sell a digital license I had lying around in a somewhat old PC that I had upgraded to Windows 10 some time ago, after being abandonded due to it being very slow and also due to the fact that I got a new PC, I decided to sell my "old" Windows 10 digital...
  5. Is it legal to use the cheap Windows 10 Keys available on the Internet? Do they work?

in Windows 10 News
    Is it legal to use the cheap Windows 10 Keys available on the Internet? Do they work?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]There are some websites on the internet that claim to sell original Windows 10 keys for a nominal price. How do they get such Windows 10 keys for less? Are such grey market keys legal and safe? Do they work? [...] This post Is it legal to use the cheap...
  6. Windows 10 License Good price from eBay

Windows 10 License Good price from eBay: Dear MS Community! As you already knew that there are selling windows 10 license key online such as ebay.com with good price. Could you help clarify that for those license is working fine? With regards, Vichet[ATTACH]...
  7. From Unlicense to License on Microsoft Legal

From Unlicense to License on Microsoft Legal: Dear All, i wanna ask about license, early condition: my windows 10 pro is unlicensed, then i bought the license so ill put that product key onto my PC, questions: when i wanna make my windows 10 pro licensed, do i have to reinstall the windows then put the key on,...
  8. How to legally use an OEM license.

How to legally use an OEM license.: Since MS has continued to use their asinine licensing for OEM copies, I am trying to find a way to use this license for the PCs I build for myself. I am fully aware that the OEM license is tied to the motherboard and have no problem with that. Here is the language from the...
  9. Windows 7 License Valid on Windows 10?

Windows 7 License Valid on Windows 10?: I'm just about to upgrade my Windows 10 desktop - which was originally a Windows 7 build, by replacing the motherboard. I'm assuming that this will mean my current Windows license will be invalidated (as the license came pre-installed when I bought the desktop). I have a...
  10. Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible

in Windows 10 Support
    Legal way to get a CHEAP upgrade if you aren't eligible: Hi there If you search the web there are still a few places where you can get Genuine "Shrink Wrapped" Ms Windows 7 Pro for quite a cheap price -- approx. 50 USD or so. Install this and you will then be entitled to a FREE W10 upgrade. OK it costs a bit but it's cheaper...