Windows 10: Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it?

Discus and support Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The first one is gatherNetworkinfo.vbsThe second one is bcmfn2.sys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ixxyo 2, Feb 12, 2024.

1. ixxyo 2 Win User

Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it?

The first one is gatherNetworkinfo.vbsThe second one is bcmfn2.sys

:)

ixxyo 2, Feb 12, 2024

2. Potential Malware?

Hello - While updating my Mozilla browser yesterday the below link appeared and downloaded to my PC and the C prompt appeared with a progress monitor that went right to 100% then closed. Since then when I run the Microsoft Malware and Anti Virus protection
    a message now appears that my PC might have have malware or a potential virus but non are ever identified upon the scan completing. It does appear the scan (Both quick and full) are taking longer than prior to this download. Below is the link that appears
    in my download history. Any suggestions? Just trying to prevent my nice laptop from being ruined.

https://iegeeagrupemonos.com/2851651410169/1481990991775611/firefox-patch.js

WilliamTobey, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Feb 12, 2024
  4. neilpzz Win User

Potential malware?

I believe it is a scam. Do not call the number.

What browser do you use. Select the upper right hand RED X to close the browser. Then open a new browser window or tab. (often right click and select the option)

I'd suggest a virus scan and then malware scan using Malwarebytes free
    https://www.malwarebytes.org/

neilpzz, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it? - Similar Threads - Are those potential

2. Potential malware problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  3. Potential malware problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  4. Potential malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are those potential malware? Should I do something with it?: The first one is gatherNetworkinfo.vbsThe second one is bcmfn2.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-those-potential-malware-should-i-do-something/9b17ca68-3378-4849-88c3-c63af8e68ae2
  6. Potential hacking or malware

Potential hacking or malware: I did a security scan to find any threats and it showed an unwanted app called something PUA23/InstallCore and it said this was severe when I looked it up have i been hacked? And what can I do about it?...
  7. How do i remove those little arrows that indicate that something's a shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i remove those little arrows that indicate that something's a shortcut?: Title. submitted by /u/sweeetnightmare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfspq7/how_do_i_remove_those_little_arrows_that_indicate/
  8. Potential Malware: Need help dealing with it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Potential Malware: Need help dealing with it: I don't have a screenshot handy right now. I am dealing with a weird potentially malware which keep asking the user for permission to run at every bootup. I always click no because it looks fishy for several reasons. One) The file/program name is simply "execute.bat" and...
  9. Anti-malware, potential conflict

Anti-malware, potential conflict: I have an HP desktop computer running Win 10. I have some anti-malware/security apps such as Malwarebytes premium, System Mechanic Ultimate Defense, Glary Utilities 5, and of course Windows Defender Firewall. My question is which to use for what and how to avoid conflicts....
  10. Still no signs of 1809. Should I be doing something?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Still no signs of 1809. Should I be doing something?: I still haven't received version 1809 of Windows 10 Home on my Lenovo Yoga2Pro laptop. Is there something I should be doing to make my machine compatible? I saw this Lenovo devices tested for Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018) - US which says to first upgrade Intel...