Windows 10: Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

Discus and support Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wanda Know, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?

:)

Wanda Know, Jun 1, 2023
  2. abrogard Win User

Default User Directory No Permission - is that right?

I have a crowded desktop and reducing the icons in my user desktop directory didn't help much so I figured they're all in the default user directory.

but when I went to get in there I go told I had no permission.

when I looked at the permissions nothing seemed to have any permissions. I am logged in as an admin.

What should the situation be and how can I safely change it to let me clean up some of those desktop icons?

win10 latest ver

abrogard, Jun 1, 2023
  3. Default group permissions for ProgramData folder?

Here are the User permissions I have in my Windows 10 Home Explorer for Program Data:

CREATOR OWNER - Allow Special Permissions

SYSTEM - Allow Full control, Modify, Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, Write

Administrators - Same as System

Users - Read & Execute, List folder contents, Read, Special Permissions

There are also default Windows 10 NTFS file permissions here:

https://winaero.com/reset-ntfs-permissions-wind...

https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/reset-ntfs-p...

https://droidrant.com/how-do-i-reset-my-permiss...

Report back results for each step so I know what else to suggest.

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack, Jun 1, 2023
  4. cdawall Win User

Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

1. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Are userappdata directory

2. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?: I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?...
  3. Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are user\appdata directory permissions set to Full by default in Windows 10?: I would like to know whether users\username\appdata\local directory gives full permissions to the user by default, in Windows10 Enterprise?...
  4. Windowapps directory permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windowapps directory permissions: I have been trying to install a new update to a program I installed through the microsoft store. Sadly the program doesn't meet the minimum API requirements to be distributed through the store currently but I still want to have the current version I can download through the...
  5. Windowapps directory permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windowapps directory permissions: I have been trying to install a new update to a program I installed through the microsoft store. Sadly the program doesn't meet the minimum API requirements to be distributed through the store currently but I still want to have the current version I can download through the...
  6. set a default directory to always save to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set a default directory to always save to: How can I set a default directory to always save to on my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-a-default-directory-to-always-save-to/2b3c4397-9b29-4748-85fe-6c17e243e232
  7. Default User Directory No Permission - is that right?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default User Directory No Permission - is that right?: I have a crowded desktop and reducing the icons in my user desktop directory didn't help much so I figured they're all in the default user directory. but when I went to get in there I go told I had no permission. when I looked at the permissions nothing seemed to have any...
  8. Is there a default for User Permission settings?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a default for User Permission settings?: As a less than knowledgeable computer user I stupidly changed my User "Permission Allow" check marks. I now get a "failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access denied." Of coarse I didn't write down what was originally checked off in the "Allow" box. Would there...
  9. Windows permissions for Windows.old directory

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows permissions for Windows.old directory: EDIT: So Disk Cleanup is a far better alternative if you are stuck with Windows.old for whatever reason. There are going to be a few straggling files, but only in the MB instead of the GB, and it wont kill your OS. Still make sure you make a manual restore point before, and...
  10. How to reset default file permissions for these directories?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to reset default file permissions for these directories?: The other day, I was trying to fix Windows Default Apps not working by adding "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" to the following directories as indicated here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2798317 However, it seems to have messed up the permissions as what I did was...