Windows 10: Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?

Discus and support Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Wasn't there recent 'fix' added for profile redirection? There is obviously something wrong with how the User Profiles are created with Windows 10 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeoBeum, Nov 20, 2018.

1. NeoBeum Win User

Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'?

Wasn't there recent 'fix' added for profile redirection?

There is obviously something wrong with how the User Profiles are created with Windows 10 - why are dummy profiles being created just to refresh a language pack installation that gets corrupted during the 1803 - 1809 update?

defaultuser1.... did Microsoft's defaultuser0 profile break too? Now you're creating a temporary temporary? Is defaultuser0 not good enough anymore?

Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'? ca932598-190d-4df2-8a23-d7e5f660f94c?upload=true.jpg

If Windows does really need to create a temporary profile to install new garbage, why does the clean up process fail?

If Windows 10 profiles were working 100%, there shouldn't be warnings about failed components

Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'? 2292e83d-5264-4a5d-ad86-87268c837f70?upload=true.jpg

No matter, we'll just tell everyone to run sfc /scannowrestorehealthbecausesupportareuseless or just reinstall the operating system every major update.

It's also good to know that the build numbers for Windows are just a shamble like the Insiders Rings, and good to know that the 'serious but not big' issue for 'KFR' was classified as a "minor fix" - even though it delayed the target release by a month and 2 weeks.

If I could post on the blogs of your executives, I would... but this seems to have changed, since commenting changed along with the Docs website commenting changes.... conveniently around the same time I rained abuse on Michael Niehaus' blog post about the same problems right now for windows deployment at home - and are still occurring since 2015, and raining abuse at some MSFT tagged pleb who recommended partitioning disks in a layout that causes extra partitions to be created after updates, and also NOT the RECOMMENDED layout described and illustrated on a different DISM Docs section.

What would Jesus do?

:)

NeoBeum, Nov 20, 2018
  2. lainey Win User

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I've followed your steps and there's no profile list. Am trying to fix for my sister. Brink please can you help

lainey, Nov 21, 2018
  3. (WINDOWS 10)"The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

Hi Ashley,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while logging-in with the guest user account on Windows 10.

This issue might be due to the User profile Services, please follow the below and check.

I suggest you to Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

User Profile Service failed

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Copy the Default folder (in C:\Users) from another windows 10 computer.
    • Rename the Default folder to something like DefaultOLD (just to keep it for safety reasons).
    • Paste it in your Users folder.
    • To make sure that you won't have problems with permissions of the "implant" folder, just transfer it via a FAT/FAT32 formatted USB stick (those filesystems don't have permissions).

This will provide solution to the error User Profile Service failed.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Are Windows 10 1809 User Profiles really 'fixed'? - Similar Threads - Are 1809 User

2. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10: Hello,I'm getting an error "We can't sign in to your account." I have tried several things:Restarting in safe mode as per this page, and verified my files still exist. Restarting in normal mode does not resolve the problem. After trying this several times I moved onto the...
  3. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10: Hello,I'm getting an error "We can't sign in to your account." I have tried several things:Restarting in safe mode as per this page, and verified my files still exist. Restarting in normal mode does not resolve the problem. After trying this several times I moved onto the...
  4. Fixing A Corrupted User Profile Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Really stupid mistake with user profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Really stupid mistake with user profiles: Made PC like a yr ago and was stupid and put my SSD as C: Drive. Today, realized i had no space left on it so I tried copying my user profile to my 2TB E: drive. After it copied I tried deleting from C: and now everything is messed up. I really don't know what to do if...
  6. Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixing a corrupted Windows 10 user profile: I've got some questions about this post, Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows. First, I may have missed it when reading the article I've linked to, but I don't see how I am to disconnect the old profile from my Microsoft account, to connect my Microsoft account to the new...
  7. Windows 10 1809 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.: I have problem with logon to some accounts in domain Windows 2008 R2. Problem exists only in compilation 1809. When I try logon account witch is store in OU=Other Users Accounts,OU=company,DC=domain,DC=local i have error [ATTACH] When I logon accounts from OU=Users...
  8. Taskbar icons are really small Windows 10 1809 Home User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons are really small Windows 10 1809 Home User: HI I am needing some help and details please. I have the latest version of Windows 10 Home. I have recently have become aware that some of the icons on the right side of the lower taskbar are very small in size and print. I would like it if I could find out away to make...
  9. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with desktop...
  10. Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - 1809 Upgrade - Domain User Profile Issue: Hello, As part of testing for our organisation, I have upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 Pro 1803 to 1809. The upgrade went without a hitch and appeared to be working well whilst logged into our domain (on site) It copied my profile which was fully customised with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 user profile service

2. win 1809 create new user profile rename corrupt

3. 1809 upgrade broke domain profile

4. windows 1809 user profile .temp,
  5. 1809 user profile cannot be loaded