Windows 10: Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?

Discus and support Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After a failed update, i was no longer able to use Windows, so i installed Ubuntu to get a copy of windows to write to a usb stick. My question is: If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FromEast2West21, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?

After a failed update, i was no longer able to use Windows, so i installed Ubuntu to get a copy of windows to write to a usb stick.

My question is: If i reinstall windows and i'm asked for a key, will the previous key be linked to my account? If so, i would i go by doing that?

:)

FromEast2West21, Apr 22, 2020
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Microsoft Store

Hi James,

To resolve your concern about Windows Store, we suggest for you to follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe and press
      Enter
    • Restart the PC, sign in with your Microsoft user account and check if you are able to find Windows Store.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?

App store and Microsoft account

Yes. When you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account like in step 5 in Option Two of the tutorial below instead of switching to a Microsoft account you will and stay a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account?

1. Are Windows Keys stored with my Microsoft Account? - Similar Threads - Are Keys stored

2. I need my bitlocker key and it is not stored in my Microsoft account, is there any other...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my bitlocker key and it is not stored in my Microsoft account, is there any other...: I basically changed the maximum processor and memory settings in system configuration but then it kept reverting to previous numbers after restarts ie. 1 processor out of 8. I then applied permanent changes and it restarts and sent me to a bitlock startup where I need the key...
  3. I need my bitlocker key and it is not stored in my Microsoft account, is there any other...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need my bitlocker key and it is not stored in my Microsoft account, is there any other...: I basically changed the maximum processor and memory settings in system configuration but then it kept reverting to previous numbers after restarts ie. 1 processor out of 8. I then applied permanent changes and it restarts and sent me to a bitlock startup where I need the key...
  4. I need my bitlocker key and it is not stored in my Microsoft account, is there any other...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked before if so, please provide a link. My mother bought me a laptop a few years ago with windows 10 installed, then I created a Microsoft account. I'm going to build a computer. Will I be able to use it on a new computer after...
  6. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?: Hi, I don't know if this question has been asked before if so, please provide a link. My mother bought me a laptop a few years ago with windows 10 installed, then I created a Microsoft account. I'm going to build a computer. Will I be able to use it on a new computer after...
  7. Is this key is linked to my Microsoft account?

8. Microsoft Store Accounts

Microsoft Store Accounts: I am trying to sign in with my personal microsoft account on my school computer. I have admin rights on it but the microsoft store still will only let me sign in with my school account or work account. How do I make it let me use any account?...
  9. Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account

Microsoft Store Problem in my Microsoft Account: When I login on any computer with my Microsoft account in Microsoft store and I open my library in Microsoft store message display add some app.There'nothing in your library I have also reinstall fresh copy of windows 10 X64 Pro...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account: Here is the sequence of events that resulted in me unable to access the data on my additional HDD. 30th August - Purchased new computer and installed windows 10 64-bit Pro on 500GB internal harddrive. 4th September - Added another 2TB harddrive and moved my personal...