Windows 10: Are you able to change what your file opens with?

Discus and support Are you able to change what your file opens with? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have windows 10 and somehow mobi files are opening with notepad. Of course they do not read in there but I have a free ebook site in which I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kathie, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Kathie Win User

Are you able to change what your file opens with?

I have windows 10 and somehow mobi files are opening with notepad. Of course they do not read in there but I have a free ebook site in which I want to know if they too have to open with notepad. I managed to repair the extension but not the icon. Can that be done? Also it really annoys me that it appears on the default menu and matched up to notepad there and that also cannot be changed . Is there a registry tweak I can apply to get it back to the way it was?

:)

Kathie, Mar 5, 2016
  2. Resourceful, Mar 5, 2016
  3. krissyuw Win User
    are you able to personalize your ringtone on a palm500v smartphone?

i want to put 1 of my songs out of my files as a ringtone am I able to do this?

krissyuw, Mar 5, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

.............Also it really annoys me that it appears on the default menu and matched up to notepad there and that also cannot be changed......

Where did you see that default menu ?
    In here ?.....................

Are you able to change what your file opens with? [​IMG]

If that is what you meant, you can click at Notepad > a drop down box will list more programs > select the one you want as default program.

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  5. ashleyg Win User
    There's a tutorial showing you how to do that.. follow this link.

Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Just incase I have got that link wrong, go to the Tutorials Index/ section on this forum and look for 'Default Apps - Choose in Windows 10'

Hope that helps.

ashleyg, Mar 5, 2016
  6. Kathie Win User
    Yes and it is a mobi file... and when clicked it opens in notepad David. I just do not know how that happened, all I care about are my users .. there is not a default it will open with. I want it to default as Epub does when you open it , and it says on rt.click "Pick an app"

Kathie, Mar 5, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Do you have ePUB Reader installed ?

davidhk, Mar 5, 2016
  8. Kathie Win User

Thank you so much ashkeyg! I was able to repair it with one of those solutions. I appreciate the help

Kathie, Mar 5, 2016
  9. Kathie Win User
    Thank you so much David I appreciate your help as I now have it repaired.

Kathie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Are you able to change what your file opens with? - Similar Threads - Are able change

2. What is the solution for me not able to open the 'Change Product key' option ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the solution for me not able to open the 'Change Product key' option ?: Hey, I did as instructed and here is the result. I don't know what to do now. This all started after my PC battery lost its charge storing capability....
  3. What is the solution for me not able to open the 'Change Product key' option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the solution for me not able to open the 'Change Product key' option ?: Hey, I did as instructed and here is the result. I don't know what to do now. This all started after my PC battery lost its charge storing capability....
  4. What is the solution for me not able to open the 'Change Product key' option ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. File Explorer not able to open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  6. File Explorer not able to open files

File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  7. What files are kept when you reset your PC and keep your files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What files are kept when you reset your PC and keep your files.: I'm having a ton of issues with my PC, so much that often it turns on with a blue screen with options to troubleshoot. I've uninstalled recent updates through that menu but I'm still having issues. It keeps suggesting I reset my PC and keep my files. When I go to do this will...
  8. Your organization does not allow you to open this file here

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your organization does not allow you to open this file here: I'm trying to move everything my my new Hard drive. I can't move this from some reason, please help. submitted by /u/69Eddy69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kp8c65/your_organization_does_not_allow_you_to_open_this/
  9. Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with

Whats the Point ? what do you want to open this file with: I am a long time trying to get an answer to this question. Every time I start my laptop I am presented with a list of programs, which asks, what do you want to open this file with IT NEVER LETS YOU KNOW WHAT FILE IT IS. How are you supposed to know what to pick?. Any other...
  10. What will happen if you change your Processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What will happen if you change your Processor?: I have an intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz and I bought an intel core quad extreme 3.0 ghz My motherboard is xfx nforce 680i sli which supports the intel core quad extreme. What do I need to do before I install? 74903