Windows 10: Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?

Discus and support Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I wanted to open a directory i.e. Music, and be able to show just the files that are in the multitude of folders there.I have a lot of folders, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nattywild, Jun 8, 2021.

1. nattywild Win User

Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?

Hi,I wanted to open a directory i.e. Music, and be able to show just the files that are in the multitude of folders there.I have a lot of folders, and I would like to transfer my music within them, to my phone using Bluetooth. I have no idea how to just send the actual music files i.e. mp3 without having to go inside each folder and do this individually. Unless there's a better way of transferring my music to my phone maybe even faster, please tell me. When I click on "Send to ---> Bluetooth Device", they say I'm not able to send the folders themselves to my phone.Thanks in advance.

:)

nattywild, Jun 8, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.2

Change Log v1.2
    • Resolved an issue were the "Delete file", "Sort by Size", and "Export file" buttons would run into the "About" button and cause the "Directory Size Utility" to crash.
    • New right click menu("Get folder...", "Open folder") for folder list.
    • New right click menu("Launch file", "Delete file") for file list.
    • Aligned total folder size at the bottom to center the program.
    • Double clicking the file in file list will now launch the file.
    Download here!

Mindweaver, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type?

1. Are you able to open multiple folders in a directory and ONLY show the preffered file type? - Similar Threads - Are able open

2. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  3. Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer. show position in directory tree when opening a folder.: My files are distributed across 9 drives, so I use shortcuts on the Desktop to go directly to the relevant folder and files.When the window opens, there is no indication of which drive it is on, nor is it possible to navigate directly to the adjacent folders CfC23_11,...
  4. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  5. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree: The below question is exactly what I want to know, but it was never really answered.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-view-to-show-only-open-folders-not-all/fed2ab61-eba1-4936-b27a-1eb4acc5e6d5I want to be able to show://server Folder E Folder 5...
  6. Showing ONLY the open folders in Explorer folder tree

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Open a folder with multiple files takes longer than expected to show the files, loading...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a folder with multiple files takes longer than expected to show the files, loading...: So I tried to be as descriptive as possible but basically, when I open a folder, let's say it's an album, & there's multiple files in it, it can either say 'working on it' before the files load OR what I'm seeing a lot of is the files loading slowly, 1-by-1, appearing in the...
  8. File folder shows full picture, but only shows close up when you open it

File folder shows full picture, but only shows close up when you open it: I've never seen this before. I thought this image was just a close up of this woman's face, but when I look at the photo in the thumbnail, I see it's got another person in it. I can't see that view though when I click on the photo to enlarge it - it's still just the single...
  9. Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .

Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view .: [ATTACH] Multiple occurence of "Desktop" folder in File explorer directory view . The desktop is on the very top, and there is a desktop under it, which includes "this PC" and then there is another desktop in thi directory. This is very confusing. How to fix the...
  10. File Path View to show only open folders not all folders

File Path View to show only open folders not all folders: I have file explorer setup to expand to the open folder in the navigation pane of file explorer. There is one specific folder that will only open the current file path for the folder i am in or show other folders within that folder that i have recently opened, but it does not...