Windows 10: Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over?

Discus and support Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I downloaded a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 through the Microsoft Store. Will I automatically be charged for the app once the trial is... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AR2098, Jul 16, 2019.

1. AR2098 Win User

Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over?

I downloaded a free trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 through the Microsoft Store. Will I automatically be charged for the app once the trial is over or will the app just become unavailable?

Thanks!

:)

AR2098, Jul 16, 2019

2. Marketplace thinks app is installed, when it isn't (and so I cannot re-install)

Hi Beatriz, and thankyou for your response. Actually, it does not answer the problem, unfortunately.

I cannot follow the step you suggest ('uninstall the free trial') because the app (neither the free trial nor the paid app) does not appear on my application list.

If I search for the app on marketplace, it won't let me install it (free trial or paid app) because it says that it is already installed. But because it does not show up on my app list, I cannot uninstall it.

It looks like the only answer is a hard reset and restore to factory settings. This is not a good answer really!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Jim

Jim Chapman - Turnipsoft, Jul 16, 2019
  3. jdrogan Win User
    Purchased but still a trial app

Hi,

I really love the Marathon app. I've used the trial a while but when I purchased the app it downloaded, charged my credit card but still says trial when I run it.

Tried a reboot but no luck.

Why?

jdrogan, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Are you charged for an app as soon as a Free Trial is over? - Similar Threads - Are charged app

2. Installing and reinstalling windows 10 over and over to benefit from the free trial

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing and reinstalling windows 10 over and over to benefit from the free trial: Hello I want to ask please if I can install windows 10 and benefit from being activated for 30 days then after these 30 days I do a format and install windows 10 again to benefit from the free trial. Is this legal ? Thanks in advance...
  3. Installing and reinstalling windows 10 over and over to benefit from the free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing and reinstalling windows 10 over and over to benefit from the free trial: Hello I want to ask please if I can install windows 10 and benefit from being activated for 30 days then after these 30 days I do a format and install windows 10 again to benefit from the free trial. Is this legal ? Thanks in advance...
  4. Installing and reinstalling windows 10 over and over to benefit from the free trial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Free Trials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  6. Will Dolby Atmos automatically charge you after the 4 day free trial?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Will Dolby Atmos automatically charge you after the 4 day free trial?: How can you cancel it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-dolby-atmos-automatically-charge-you-after/2afb7067-7ed9-4430-bf52-2a92c0b48e82
  7. Azure tried to charge me for a free trial

in Windows 10 Customization
    Azure tried to charge me for a free trial: So I wanted to get the AZ-900 exam and I was following the AZ-900 course from Andrew brown from exampro. Now i need a account because i have all the stuff covered up and I can't move along without it so I asked my father to give me one of his credit cards and and after...
  8. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  9. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  10. minecraft free trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"