Windows 10: Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon

Discus and support Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really hate the geniuses at Microsoft(read idiots), they still have not made Safe mode come back with F8 - I understand its to make windows load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by insomniacno1, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon

I really hate the geniuses at Microsoft(read idiots), they still have not made Safe mode come back with F8 - I understand its to make windows load faster, BUT when you just roll out a new OS would it not be a good idea to make sure people could get into Safe mode if something goes wrong - and then give the user an option to make boot faster AFTER they have made a Windows 10 DVD.

I changed my Touchpad driver because its not working 100% in Win 10(for which I were not told before upgrading), and now I'm stuck at a black logon screen with no options at all, only option is to turn the laptop off. When restarting, do you get the safe mode menu - NOOO you do not, it just continues into the same logon screen as before.

The Auto repair MS claims should kick in when windows will not boot or start is not running!

F8 doesn't work! Shift + F8 doesn't work.

25 years of MS crap and I can now testify that I consider them otherly and complete morons!

Anyone here have a solution? I can boot into Hirens bootcd and also Linux, in order to change startup files to allow me to enter safe mode - just need to know which files to edit and what to add/change - google is no help, can't find what I'm looking for or should I say I find too much of things not useful.

I'm writting this from my 32bit Win 7, I already tried using the DVD creation tool, which of course fail because I'm on win7 and not 10. Also, it would not be any use, because the system I can't get into is 64bit*Sad

There is a page here on tenforums where you can click a link and download Win 10 ISO - but the link no longer work*Sad MS *Mad

SOLVED: If any of you should run into this, then try to boot an Ubuntu based LiveCD, then after it has booted to desktop, reboot and remove the LiveCD. Then reboot into windows and it should start up without the black logon screen.

For further notice, moderators please make a big and clear advice for people to make Win 10 DVD(with tutorial) right after upgrade!

JBJ

:)

insomniacno1, Aug 15, 2015

2. If I use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade to Windows 10, will I have to enter the product key during setup?

Tnx, and if you know about black screen with cursor after logon help me pls

EnkhburenEku, Aug 15, 2015
  3. redhonker Win User
    How to perform a repair installation of Windows 10 if the current installation won't boot

I've tried various way but the system won't show a logon. It stuck with hourglass on black screen. I've read the trick and tried to enter my password a few times but it won't go any where.

redhonker, Aug 15, 2015
  4. Ander Win User

Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon

Doesn't it seem just a bit ironic that you must boot a version of Linux to get Windows 10 to work? And why on earth should that make any difference?

I've given up on Windows 10. Too many dumbed-down and missing features and settings... Too much trouble reinstalling apps that worked just fine... Scary no-choice automatic updates (including device drivers, which Windows Update is notorious for getting wrong?)... Previously simple options, squirreled away behind multiple windows and relocated commands... Waiting 3 or 4 times longer to reach the desktop after logging in... Contending with tablet- and touchscreen-style panels that look like they were designed at an elementary school... Dozens of bundled "applets" that download Web-based info and ads, and you can't even uninstall some of them? And on and on...

Windows 8.1 (and 7!) works just fine. Why bother? Frankly, I didn't see a single thing in Windows 10 that convinced me it'd be worth the time and trouble to solve its problems, or tolerating the frustrating, limiting, privacy-invading things I couldn't change. Thanks anyway!

Ander, Oct 5, 2015
  5. Rudy Mas Win User
    If you use a laptop, and get a black screen at startup, just close the lid and after the laptop has gone to sleep or hibernation, depending on your settings, open de laptop again.

With one of my laptops, I always have to do this, or try to use <winkey>-p to switch screen mode. For me, it is often faster just closing the laptop and opening it again.

Rudy Mas, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon

1. Are you freakin kiddding me - stuck with black screen at logon - Similar Threads - Are freakin kiddding

2. Black screen after logon for 12 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after logon for 12 seconds: After I switch to my user from the two on my PC both are admins or when I log on after another user was already logged in, the screen goes black and unresponsive for 12 seconds. After that, there are no apparent issues.The issue doesn't happen if the logon happens right after...
  3. black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10: I today when i tried to start my HP desktop,, windows started to come up and got the the windows logo and the screen went black. I tried some the of the self helps but put myself in a jackpot where now i don't even see the window logo on startup. is there any way to undo...
  4. Black screen after User logon

Black screen after User logon: Hi Iam facing “black screen” issue after user logon. I have two users in my laptop one is microsoft account user that needs pin to login and other local user account. When i try to login using microsoft user account iam getting black screen after logon only cursor moving....
  5. Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen: I just performed a complete, clean installation of Windows 10 x64 on my upgraded PC. I have a strange issue where my PC now freezes up at the logon screen. I have an MSI MPG Gaming Edge motherboard and so when I boot up my PC, the EDGE logo comes up, and then the blue squares...
  6. Stuck at black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck at black screen: My windows 10 laptop is not booting up. It's stuck at black screen. It showed fixing disk C. Then it finished the process. But then it's stuck at black screen. Can someone please help!! I don't know what to do submitted by /u/ameensj [link] [comments]...
  7. Black screen at logon command32 prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen at logon command32 prompt: Hello!My first thread of a error ever here and also my first post.Having a very persistent problem that i cant resolve myself.I keep getting a black screen with only mouse cursor available and a open command window.The only way to get past it it is to type explorer.exe in...
  8. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Windows Logon Screen: Issue: I have not been able to logon to my Asus ultrabook since early Jan 2019 - because I could not logon and kept searching for solutions but now have run out of options. Problem Description: It appears a windows update happened late 2018 or early Jan 2019, and when I...
  9. black screen with curser after logon

black screen with curser after logon: How do you fix this problem. After bootup, logon screen comes up. After entering password, screen loads blank or black with curser only. Tried shell reset to explorer.exe. What else can I try?...
  10. Black screen after logon fixed, sort of, but...

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after logon fixed, sort of, but...: Hey guys, I upgraded Windows 8.1 to Win 10. Everything seemed to go okay, and the Win 10 logon screen appeared. But when I logged into my existing account, all I got was a black screen with a movable mouse pointer. I thought that running Windows Update might fix it—but...