Windows 10: Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password

Discus and support Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Used msconfig to reboot in safe mode. Windows 10 says my password is wrong. I've been using a PIN code for years. Is there really no way to get... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by James Buchal, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password

Used msconfig to reboot in safe mode. Windows 10 says my password is wrong. I've been using a PIN code for years.

Is there really no way to get out of this loop?

bcdedit tricks don't work; it can't access the bcd file.

:)

James Buchal, Apr 7, 2020

2. Forgot password, no way to recover it

Hi Bob,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

As you have already tried to recover the password, unfortunately there is no other option to recover the password. However you can try to recover the password from the below link and check if you are able to recover the password.

Recover your account

If the Recover your Microsoft account does not help try the below link
    About two-step verification and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 7, 2020
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password

1. Are you kidding me? No way to recover from lost local password - Similar Threads - Are kidding recover

2. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Device Lost Password: Hi - we have lost a device password and the hint is not helping us. The device shows in my device manager. Is there anyway to access the device it has key software on it...
  3. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Device Lost Password: Hi - we have lost a device password and the hint is not helping us. The device shows in my device manager. Is there anyway to access the device it has key software on it...
  4. Local Device Lost Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recovering from lost HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering from lost HDD: Have lost the hard drive on my laptop and can no longer open Windows 10. If I replace the HDD with an SSD is it possible to reinstall Windows without purchasing a new version? Have read articles suggesting it is possible but don't want to waste money or time trying to...
  6. Lost password and unable to recover.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost password and unable to recover.: My Son's computer updated and he cannot login to Windows. Before the update he was using a PIN to login and it is now asking for a password. Here is the true potato move, he does not remember his password for windows nor for his Gmail account to reset the password. Any...
  7. are you kidding me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    are you kidding me?: we all know I hate this company beyond hate. We all know you all love this company beyond love. I say anything ill about this company I get attacked. Don't you blame my microsoft, it is you now I see this? [ATTACH] THIS IS A SCAM. ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW? HOW CAN...
  8. Are you kidding me... ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Are you kidding me... ?: I have never witnessed a more frustrating experience than what i have had over the past 3 months with my asus laptop on windows. Laptop is great, but jesus christ..... who is coming up with windows ?? a child?? in the last 3 months i have already had to do a complete...
  9. Lost password (local account)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost password (local account): Hello - I have been using a local (non-microsoft) account to sign in to my laptop. I set a four digit pin a few months ago because it's easier to remember and use - however - I have forgotten my actual password. *Sad A month or so ago, I attempted to use the 'netplwiz'...
  10. Lost local password on Tablet

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost local password on Tablet: Hi, I've searched to no avail. My problem is I have a Linx Win10 Tablet and have forgotten the local password, not the Microsoft account one. I have setup no data other than a Gmail address and I do not care if this is erased. The tablet came with Win 10 preloaded and I...