Windows 10: Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome?

Discus and support Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seems that I'm not able to send a webpage from my device to my computer from chrome. I can get it to work through the normal android "send to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlterAeonos, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome?

It seems that I'm not able to send a webpage from my device to my computer from chrome. I can get it to work through the normal android "send to device" function but that comes with the added hassle of selecting which device I want to send it to every time since my phones are also connected to each other. I want to send it through the windows companion app since they're clearly connected but every time I try I end up getting the "Link Device" screen. Do I have to use the edge browser?

The reason I don't want to do this is because I actually prefer the Samsung browser the most, for starters. On top of that I use Chrome for the news feed. Third of all, it would be inconvenient to do that right now as all of my tabs (about 80 down from 100+) are currently in Chrome and I would prefer not to migrate them until I get them down to a more reasonable amount. The reason I would like them on the computer is so I can read through them faster (bigger screen and all that) and just get them out of the way.

submitted by /u/AlterAeonos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlterAeonos, Mar 2, 2021

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Paultx Win User
    Open with Chrome menu option questions

But in your case it seems that Firefox is there instead of Chrome. Have you tested it the way I did with Chrome?

Thanks for the program the suggestion.

Paultx, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome?

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome?

1. Are you not able to use the "Continue on PC" option from Chrome? - Similar Threads - Are able Continue

2. Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...: Recent updateThis PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't be able to undothe update.What should I do because it is formatted or not...
  3. Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent update This PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't...: Recent updateThis PC was recently updated. If you continue with Reset this PC, you won't be able to undothe update.What should I do because it is formatted or not...
  4. Windows 11 Home version 21H2 won't give option for me to continue installing Chrome from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home version 21H2 won't give option for me to continue installing Chrome from...: I have read many post on this topic; 1. remove S mode, which I don't see that its activated based on information posted.2. Command line using version number to shut off notification -didn't work3. Though it was coming from Edge so I renamed executable - didn't work4. I'm...
  5. Windows 11 Home version 21H2 won't give option for me to continue installing Chrome from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home version 21H2 won't give option for me to continue installing Chrome from...: I have read many post on this topic; 1. remove S mode, which I don't see that its activated based on information posted.2. Command line using version number to shut off notification -didn't work3. Though it was coming from Edge so I renamed executable - didn't work4. I'm...
  6. I am not able to use my Google Chrome.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I am not able to use my Google Chrome.: I am not able to use my google chrome as I am a child and I require permission. My parents allowed me to use the google chrome but windows still shows I require permission, they have pressed the allow button more than 50 times but it still shows ask for permission. I need...
  7. Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to access the internet using Chrome browser: I am using windows 10 on my laptop, a few weeks back I have installed Google Chrome on my laptop, but the problem is, whenever I open Chrome, a yellow border covers the chrome tab and Chrome do not get connected to the internet. if I run crome as an administrator, then it...
  8. choose an option continue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choose an option continue: my pc shows {exit and continue to windows recovery environment} in continue option in choose an option what should i do now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-an-option-continue/3d3ae9b2-4a61-40b3-bcca-14eb99404975
  9. Continuation of Asphalt from old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuation of Asphalt from old pc: Hi, I have recently changed my PC and I want to continue my Asphalt 8 from where I left it on the old PC.. Can anybody help me out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuation-of-asphalt-from-old-pc/c72cd093-4409-42b0-9bc8-e033835f91c2
  10. Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions: We’re always working to improve Chrome extensions while keeping our users as safe as possible. In May 2014 we announced a new policy to protect Windows users by enforcing that extensions be hosted on the Chrome Web Store. The results were encouraging: we saw a 75% drop in...