Windows 10: Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

Discus and support Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today I decided to take my PC off Pause. First I Checked for Updates. Second I installed Cumulative Update Framework. Third I restarted after it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ruth2340, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Ruth2340 Win User

Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

Today I decided to take my PC off Pause. First I Checked for Updates. Second I installed Cumulative Update Framework. Third I restarted after it installed. Then I downloaded and Installed the Feature Update. Took less then 10 minutes to complete the process successfully. I have Dell Lap Top Insprion 1545. Had 1903 already in it. Also I use Microsoft Defender, Malware and Firewall. I had no problam at all downloading and installing, both the Cumulative and the Feature Update 1909.

So check your system. Maybe if you are using a different Virus Protection, Malware and Firewall, that needs other attention. But my understanding is Microsoft has dealt with that issue since March 24th. Good Luck everyone.

:)

Ruth2340, Apr 5, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 25, 2020
  3. RexOman Win User
    Windows Update History shows both Feature Updates 1903 and 1909 installed

After I installed the Windows 10 Feature Update from 1903 to 1909 my Windows Update History shows

Feature Updates (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 (2)

Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903

Looking in the About page it lists Version 1909 OS Build 18363.720

In the past when I've installed a Feature Update it only shows the new update. In other words in this case it would only show 1909. Since it shows 1903 also is my computer really upgraded to 1909? Also the (2) after the 1909 is something I don't understand.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Rex

RexOman, May 25, 2020
  4. Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909?

1. Are you still having problems with the Feature Update 1909? - Similar Threads - Are still having

2. Having trouble with windows 10 feature update to version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble with windows 10 feature update to version 1909: I recently bought a new pc with windows 10 home version. It was version 1809 running. After few days i noticed that it is auto updating itself and showing "feature update to windows 1909".I started downloading it but to be true after downloading while it was displaying...
  3. problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.

problem with windows update listing a feature update for windows 10 1909.: Hello, Have the following problem with windows update I run windows 10 1903, but when I run windows windows update it lists a feature update for version 1909. Have ran the troubleshooter for windows update and this found problems and fix them all, but this did not fix the...
  4. Feature update to 1909 always fails.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update to 1909 always fails.: Can't complete the feature update to 1909. Error 0x80070003. I've Googled and tried a dozen (?) things but the update always fails. This has been going on for months. I've even tried the "insiders" updates and they fail. Definition and Qualith updates are working OK. This...
  5. Having problems with the Windows Feature Update from 1703 to 1909

Having problems with the Windows Feature Update from 1703 to 1909: I never realized that my PC wasn't up to date until I tried to play a game and it told me that my Windows needed to be on version 1903 or later. When I checked, I realized that I was still on version 1703. The problem is, every time I try to update the computer, it doesn't...
  6. Feature Update version 1909

Feature Update version 1909: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 is still offered as an optional update. Frankly this update being offered as optional makes me hesitate if I should go ahead to apply it or wait until it is offered as a necessary, not an optional update. I am under the impression...
  7. Problems updating to 1909

Problems updating to 1909: I'm still having trouble trying to install this update. I tried the update thinking about the configuration update and security, with the Windows 10 update wizard. Any help would be highly appreciated....
  8. feature update 1909

feature update 1909: is it reliable should I update it or has it any bugs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-update-1909/dbe7bb14-73e3-4296-84ad-fc0c3e38603e
  9. Rollout of Feature Update 1909 Curiousity

Rollout of Feature Update 1909 Curiousity: The Feature Update 1909 has appeared as a download in Windows Update on 2 of my older PCs, but not on my newest (the one in my specs #1). I wonder why that is? 145081
  10. Feature Update notification to 1909

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update notification to 1909: I went to Windows Updates page and noticed that a Download and Install is optional for the v1909 update. How long before I can wait to install before it eventually installs it by its own? So basically, I would guess that it will eventually install it automatically but the...