Windows 10: Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Time to Upgrade.

Discus and support Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Time to Upgrade. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Are you still running SQL Server 2005? We know it’s hard to let go, but it’s been 10 years. In its time SQL Server 2005 was a great choice for your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Time to Upgrade.

Source: Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Now is the time to upgrade to a modern data platform - The Official Microsoft Blog

:)

Brink, Apr 13, 2015

2. Will my Business Contact Manager for outlook run under Windows 10?

SQL Server 2008 is not supported on Windows 10. Upgrade MSSMLBIZ Instance to SQL Server 2014 Express, and BCM will run perfectly.

chris-germany, Apr 13, 2015
  3. Windows Upgrade from 8 to 10

Hello,

When you say your Act database is version 2012, do you really mean is SQL Server 2012? The answer to that question is really important in order to provide you more accurate information and reach a solution. For instance, SQL Server
    2008 R2 and earlier versions of SQL Server are not supported on Windows 10 while SQL Server 2012 is supported if you apply service pack 2 (SP2). For more information, please read the following article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2681562

Users who upgraded to Windows 10 having installed on their computers versions not supported of SQL Server are complaining about having to start SQL Server services manually after the upgrade. To start SQL Server service manually,
    please read the following article:

How to: Start an Instance of SQL Server (SQL Server Configuration Manager)

Please contact Swiftpage ACT! Support about the possibility of upgrading the database to a supported version.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

SQLCoffee.com

Alberto Morillo, Apr 13, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Hello!

I have an computer running my old ERP program which was based on Microsoft SQL Server 2005. After upgrading from Windows 8.1 32-bit to Windows 10 32-bit it has some difficulties connecting to the database and launching the ERP application (user not found in base error). How can I safely upgrade to Microsoft SQL 2014? I installed the Upgrade Advisor and got a report, how do I proceed with the upgrade? Could I just download the Microsoft SQL Express 2014 and install it? Anything else to do?

Thank you in advance

EDIT: Solved! Found the culprit!

The computer has a small 80GB hard disk which was almost full with about 2-3GB free space. So I compressed the disk and now has about 15GB free. Except I unknowingly introduced an incompatibility! Microsoft SQL server doesn't work properly from a compressed folder. I had downloaded the Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express and run it. Then I chose upgrade and it analyzed my current database before upgrading. Here was were I informed that I could not upgrade a compressed folder and was prompted to select another uncompressed folder. I immediately quitted the setup and proceeded to expand the "Microsoft SQL Server", "Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition" folders and the EPR application folder. I restarted the computer and now it worked at once without any complain!

So anybody else having problems connecting to your SQL database, first make sure the Microsoft SQL Server folder in Program Files and any other relevant folders are NOT compressed!

Thank you for your time to read this.

spapakons, Jan 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Are you still running SQL Server 2005? Time to Upgrade. - Similar Threads - Are still running

2. Unable to apply SQL Server 2005 SP4 ENU on SQL 2005 ESN Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to apply SQL Server 2005 SP4 ENU on SQL 2005 ESN Installation: Hi, I want to perform inplace upgrade on existing SQL Server 2005 Express SP3 with Advanced Services x86 ESN Spanish to SQL Server 2014 Express Advanced Services. Before i upgrade I need to patch SQL Server 2005 with SQL Server 2005 Express with advanced Services - Service...
  3. Unable to apply SQL Server 2005 SP4 ENU on SQL 2005 ESN Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to apply SQL Server 2005 SP4 ENU on SQL 2005 ESN Installation: Hi, I want to perform inplace upgrade on existing SQL Server 2005 Express SP3 with Advanced Services x86 ESN Spanish to SQL Server 2014 Express Advanced Services. Before i upgrade I need to patch SQL Server 2005 with SQL Server 2005 Express with advanced Services - Service...
  4. SQL 2005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL 2005: SQL Server won't start : "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error:....tempdb.mdf"When I try to start after deleting tempdb.mdf, it is recreated and the same error reappears....
  5. SQL 2005

SQL 2005: SQL Server won't start : "SQL Server detected a logical consistency-based I/O error:....tempdb.mdf"When I try to start after deleting tempdb.mdf, it is recreated and the same error reappears....
  6. How to uninstall Windows SQL Server 2005?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to uninstall Windows SQL Server 2005?: I tried to install the latest version of Server SQL 2019 and keep getting an error: Ooops... Unable to install SQL Server setup.exe. Exit code Decimal: -2058052413 I assume this is because there is already an older version already installed. I am trying to uninstall the...
  7. Microsoft sql server 2005

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft sql server 2005: To whom it may concern: I have this old application (ms sql server 2005) under applications and features and I want to remove it, no side effect? Kian William winver: 1909 157254
  8. SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition: My Secunia is showing that SQL needs an update. From what I have read this edition is no longer supported. I have no idea what program I have installed that is using SQL but am assuming that i have a program that uses it. I have installed SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1 x64 ENU. I...
  9. Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] no longer supported

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] no longer supported: My desktop pc is an upgrade from Windows 7 and as such will possibly have some legacy software with it. One of those packages appears to be Microsoft SQL Server 2005 [ENU] which reading online was possibly loaded when I first installed Windows Live Mail. I am still using this...
  10. lost SQL Server 2005

in Windows 10 Support
    lost SQL Server 2005: All: On my Desktop Computer: Downloading pictures from my camera, an error occurred! The error report said that MS SQL Server 2005 was missing! I looked this up & it said SQL server 2005 has been replaced by SQL Server 2015! Is there an easy solution to this...