Windows 10: aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

Discus and support aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)???? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I can see different local addresses for for different PIDs. I seems starnge. PIDs are definitely supposed to have different ports, but why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KARANBIRSINGH2, Jul 13, 2019.

1. aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)???? ff23e8af-dec6-4cb1-a752-0edef04a3289?upload=true.jpg

I can see different local addresses for for different PIDs. I seems starnge.

PIDs are definitely supposed to have different ports, but why the different IP addresses?

Is it that my machine has multiple IP addresses?? which is impossible if I'm not wrong

:)

KARANBIRSINGH2, Jul 13, 2019
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)???? :confused:

bencrutz, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 13, 2019
  4. aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)????

1. aren't the different PIDs supposed to have same IP address (local address)???? - Similar Threads - aren't different PIDs

2. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  3. Two different IP addresses....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two different IP addresses....: Is it possible to have two different IP addresses?I logged into my Security account, I checked Verify Activity and I see now a different IP address.Is it possible someone hack my account?Thanks,...
  4. Two different IP addresses....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Ip address in different country

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Ip address in different country: Hi,When i go to command prompt and put netstat -ano to see established Foreign IP addresses, I noticed apart from Microsoft Canada and US ip addresses, there was Microsoft India’s Ip address 104.211.96.15 and Microsoft Korea’s IP address 20.190.4.251it is very concerning...
  6. Question about IP address and PID number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about IP address and PID number: Hello,I would appreciate if someone can clarify something for me.When I go to Command Prompt and type netstat -ano to see established IP addresses, i see bunch of Foreign IP addresses established, I searched every one and they are all from Microsoft, but there is one under...
  7. Need desktop to always have same IP Address

Need desktop to always have same IP Address: I have 1 desktop, 2 laptops, 2 printers, 1 phone, 1 other device connecting wirelessly to router. When they're all happy it's great. When they're not :- I have some software that synchronises my phone to Outlook, and it requires the desktop to always have 1.192.1.65 as...
  8. understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address

understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address: I am having windows 10 system 1903 updated with latest patches & I am trying to understand the netstat output of my system I am trying to block the port 135, 139 & 445 from my local windows firewall I have create inbound and outbound rule to block those ports, still on the...
  9. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  10. Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network

Same IP Addresses on the same Local Area Network: Is it possible to have 2 or more computers to have the same IP address on the same local area network? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/same-ip-addresses-on-the-same-local-area-network/bfcbe20b-40f4-4e18-9e73-545a69d47dcd