Windows 10: Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes

Discus and support Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So just before the push of the RTM build of 2004 to slow ring, I had deleted my recovery partition. It caused me some issues due to being at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Mar 19, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes

So just before the push of the RTM build of 2004 to slow ring, I had deleted my recovery partition. It caused me some issues due to being at the beginning of all my partitions and I was under the impression it would be re-added at the end of the drive upon upgrading to 2004. I was ecstatic to find out that was the case. Problem solved, or so i thought.

Today I went to create a recovery drive, and was immediately told it cant, that some required files are missing.

A quick reagentc /info shows the following

Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes [​IMG]

My other pc which had the exact same operation performed (removal of recovery partition) had done the same upgrade to 2004, and the newly end-added RE is enabled/working fine etc.

The odd part is that disk management shows it as barren/empty

Macrium on the other hand shows it as properly filled with data

and as such, if i use macrium to mount that partition - it includes

So can someone get this straightened out for me? I dont want to have to move/delete/create a new partition for recovery, id like to get it back to working exactly how it should have been had windows done this itself like it did on my other pc. (assuming thats possible)

what i found via google, resulted in the following

:)

klepp0906, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 19, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Argh. Windows Recovery partition woes - Similar Threads - Argh Recovery partition

2. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  3. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Recovery Partition: After reset my laptop I lost the recovery partition from my HDD, so how can I get it back in HDD as a new partition ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-recovery-partition/e1314a34-ca5e-4fdc-8879-1a23ccab5cc8
  4. Windows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery partition: Hi, I want to see what's inside this partition.And can I format it like with the Windows 11 installation media?How can I explore this partition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-partition/69a1d18e-cc4c-40cd-a22d-4304ded8c1ff
  6. Windows Recovery Partition

Windows Recovery Partition: As you can see in the image below, the Recovery partition automatically revealed itself. Now I want to hide it but there is now that I can do that. There is only a 'Help' option in Disk Management to that partition. I try to do that through CMD using Diskpart but when...
  7. Recovery Partition on Windows

Recovery Partition on Windows: Hi, I'm using Acer Predator Triton 500 and I had an issue regarding not being able to launch the factory default Predator Sense App. After trying every solution, I tried to restore the system to a time the app was functioning. In the process, an error occurred and I could no...
  8. Recovery Partition

Recovery Partition: Please read through to the bottom. I have 2 questions there. This is in relation to comments on threads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unused-11gb-recovery-partition/24a7cbbe-960a-490f-b916-e07eba32281e and...
  9. recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    recovery partition: A friend asked this and I didn't have an answer, mainly because I use Macrium reflect and image the whole drive. He was playing around with an Acer Desktop and deleted the recovery partition. His only other computer is an Hp laptop. Both latest Win 10 versions. The Laptop has...
  10. Partitioning Woes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Partitioning Woes: Hi Folks... I'm trying to partition a 1 TB drive on my new HP Pavilion 17z, and discovered that Win10 Home set Partition D for Recovery before the computer arrived. I'd like to: 1. CHANGE D to R, but Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Disk Management won't let...